Lets see your bicycle work spaces!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garagegoon said:
001-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

Hey whats the car or tuck in front of the bike in the last pic garagegoon? nice bikes btw!

All my work is done in the great outdoors also. I also use a homemade repair stand.
Kenny
img_2373.jpg

img_2376.jpg

In my room that has too much bike stuff since I don't have a tool drawer, I also work in my little shed or out in the open.

Wished I had a garage and some of this stuff gone to be able to actually work in this shed.
IMG_20111122_152335.jpg

IMG_20111122_152310.jpg

IMG_20111122_152326.jpg

Nice looking shops posted here, but here's a taste of reality:

I'll post up a squared away version if I ever have time between projects
2rq0cxw.jpg

aka_locojoe said:
@garagegoon your shop hardly looks big enough to fit a bike. I assume you have to stand on the covered porch while working on them :lol:

I sit indian style inside and polish one part at a time then assemble under covered porch.... :D

Mine's hard to capture in a pic or two, since the room is kinda small and I can't get close enough to any wall to get a decent wide angle shot. So I'll have to do it in a few.
From the steps:
P1014449.jpg

From the opposite end:
P1014454.jpg

P1014455.jpg

Front corner:
P1014459.jpg

Workbench:
P1014457.jpg

Let Do This!...Bikes!.... World Headquarters..... Also know as my basement :wink: :roll:

The Shop got very dirty and unorganized.
What it looked like in December....

GarretsBike2011014-2.jpg

GarretsBike2011013-6.jpg

GarretsBike2011012-7.jpg

What it looks like today.. still some organizing and cleaning to do but at least I have space to think :wink: now.
TheShop007.jpg

TheShop009.jpg

TheShop004.jpg

TheShop003.jpg

TheShop002.jpg

largek9,

Thanks man!
Yep us Midwesterners have to deal with winter, But we do get to have our basement's :mrgreen:
I do love the Gulf sign, I got it 20 years ago cheap!
When my wife and I started dating it was in my living room, My whole apartment wasn't much bigger then the sign. :roll:

Get married sign goes in the work shop. :shock: :? :roll: :wink: :D :lol:

My basement is only under the front half of the house, since the original crawlspace is only inside the original foundation. Over the past 150 years, though, the house has been added on to multiple times, and none of the additions included added basement. Since it originally only had a crawl space, it never had a proper interior entrance or stairs. There's a trap door in the floor of one of the closets (so I can't easily carry a bike down there that way). There is a set of exterior bilco doors though.

The crawlspace was dug down twice, resulting in my outside basement door being 8" above the floor and walls that are layed-up stone on top, with poured concrete on the bottom. But that makes the shelf that runs all the way around the room, which I was able to set my pegboard frame onto. It also proved to be a handy height to match with my work bench, so it effectively increases the bench space. But I loose about a quarter of the total space to the furnace and two hot water tanks. So, I've been working hard to try to use the space as efficiently as possible...

My little quiet place it's almost a two car garage a couple hundred feet away from the main house.. The wifey has graciously let me have as man land as she calls it.... I can make as much racket as I want out there and not disturb the fam with my music and grinding. :mrgreen:
IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

This is where it all happens... in the driveway! :shock: The weather is nice in AZ. I spent the day today right where you are looking... high of 107 degrees. :D Oh, and what is this thing you call a "basement"? :?

DSCN1304.jpg

HA! Its awesome to live and work in the great heat of our lovely city! But in Mesa my brother actually has a basement. lol

Before starting a refresher job on a customers Schwinn Panther I really needed to clean up my work bench. There was pretty much on clear space on my workbench to do anything.. Amazing how the projects stack up. Tried to keep the peg board wall dedicated to tools and move the cool parts elsewhere but a few remain.. After the Panther, I need to re-do my wheel storage situation and about 100 other projects!

Back