Lets See Those 26" BMX Styled Cruiser Builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16373450710_93e8980340_c.jpg

16373241698_19e132e349_c.jpg

Made a little more progress, keeping with my 40.00 dollar rule and using what is laying around like left over paint etc. Finished the rims today, more pics soon.

When i first saw the extra bar welded in at that angle, my response was "TF?", but now that it's painted, it looks quite rad. The track ends rock pretty hard, too. What's the scheme for the wheels?

Agreed! Super clean Schwinn. Parts list?
Thanks guys,

Nothing really nice. I wanted to have all new components but still be inexpensive. I still have close to $400 into it and that's with a $60 frame. Some of it came from Porkchop and most of the parts I found on amazon.

I really wanted to use all high end stuff but didn't want to spend a G.

When i first saw the extra bar welded in at that angle, my response was "TF?", but now that it's painted, it looks quite rad. The track ends rock pretty hard, too. What's the scheme for the wheels?

https://flic.kr/p/qkhxXy

wall mart hoops of some beat down rims that had blown out hubs, but they were the first two I found that matched. Not 100% true as they both had some serious dings in them but good enough. Used tires, and tubes keeping it super budget. Coaster rear, with high flange hub out front, new spokes. I should have it all together by Monday.

16602435535_5fa6ce611f_b.jpg

16602435325_5563e2735d_b.jpg

16601821822_4c8e488377_b.jpg

Made a custom layback seatpost this morning, ever finding reasons to practice my TIG welding, it's moving along.

Should be able to finish this off on Monday, ready for cruising soon!

Yeah, I think black was the way to go on that one.

Yeah, I think black was the way to go on that one.

when i was thinking gold wheels, i was thinking all gold bits, sprocket pedals, stem, etc etc...... then i found the profile blackjack sprocket I've wanted since i was 14, and it all made sense...... the orange was a mistake, but its a good color, just not as "my eyes are bleeding" as the orange i thought id asked for...... everyone who's seen the bike has said "good color" so i figured its ok.

Gold would have clashed unless that's what you wanted....You can always do another bike different colors right?

Gold would have clashed unless that's what you wanted....You can always do another bike different colors right?

yeah, i wouldn't have done gold and orange..... yuck.

i can do another, but likely won't, at least for a while. unless someone buys this thing out from under me while I'm riding it.

Woohoo. Not a build but a bought - because I over-did the build.

Anyway I just plonked some money down on a new 2013 model Mongoose Kos Kruiser.

cos.png

I originally started out wanting to convert my Kona MTB to a BMX style, 'small air' bike, but got carried away on ebay and ended up turning it into a comfort bike - and it's a bit porky now, but really good for what I use it for:

com2.jpg

There is a pro BMX track not far from home and a skate park down near where I run the dawg. So look out for the old guy doing stupid stuff on the shiny white unit when it gets here next week.

Last edited:
That was a high dollar bike back in the day for sure!

I bought it as a frame only from a bicycle company rep. For $80!
Then it was built as a mountain bike , then a cruiser , city commuter, mtn bike, etc - this however is what it'll look like from now on.
I absolutely love it !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back