Let's play "Name that rear hub!"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm wanting to use this on a build for the 'ol lady, but for the life of me can't find any information on this setup. So I come to you my fellow RRB's, join in the fun.

All I know is that it is from a late '60's tandem (so i was told), has a very faint fancy script stamping of the word 'UNION' the letter 'U', and a stamping of 'ABEN 10089', no markings on hub body itself.

Sheldon brown gave me lots of info to dig through, but nothing that looked like a match. Most were dealing with SA hubs or internally geared hubs.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. My ultimate goal is to track down a service/breakdown diagram so I don't have to go in blind.

Think those Union drum brakes were popular with the guys building clunkers back in the day. Think they are pretty desirable today as well.

Thanks gents, first time using one of these for a build so i was'nt sure what i was gettng myself into. Should be fun.

Latest posts

Back