Lazy rodent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been so busy working that I have not done anything on a bike in like a year.... I really dont have time to REALLY build a bike but I am going to put one together to take to the Two Brothers show in August, Which just happens to start the day the build off ends...

So I have on intention of trying to build anything prize worthy, My goal is to just get a bike put together and ride-able .....

I pretty much failed with my Tabasco Lugi last year, It did make it together but I only did about 10% of what I wanted.... This year Is going to be really simple. I have a nice old Schwinn that I am just going to update and make road worthy I think... I'll see how it goes..

nascar said:
I like the name. Cant wait to see what you can do.

If you would like to see what I CAn do... Check out the Mad Hammer in RRB 3... This build will be pretty mild in comparison

bighit said:
Don't rile him up please. What ever happened to mad hammer? I would love to add it to my collection.

I still have it... Its won a couple of trophys since RRB3 I would sell it but it would take a couple grand for me to consider letting it go...

Ok...

Now you can see why I named this fine Ma-cheen the Lazy Rodent... Because I like it just the way it is... I am going to tear into it make make it ride like new, doing everything I can to keep it looking pretty much just like she does now.. Might tweak this and that but as far as the overall picture... This is it..

4770538212_eeccd12b8e.jpg

4769898583_99da25e4da.jpg

Has a drum front that I have to scrounge the rest of the parts for and a heavy spoke rear (both S-2 hoops)

Locking springer, ba-itchin rack.... What can I say?

Well my son and I tore this thing down and rebuilt the brakes and packed the bearings... Found the parts for the front drum, built a cable gizmo, put on a spiffy set of red block pedals and a "star" sprocket.... And a set of cream quick bricks.... All goodies I have been saving for years for that "special" bike..

This thing really does ride nice... Took it for a spin up the road, I think It might be my new rider... Im not saying its "done" as there is a long time till the end of the build off.... Im just saying it could be done and id be happy....

I know this is not much of a build, But hey to tell you the truth Im glad to have put a bike together at all, Its been a year or better since I took the time to play with one of my bikes, Life has just been all work... So It makes me happy....

4773665778_b17859aa61.jpg

4773025255_e64ccf472e.jpg

4773025769_4dc37980b9.jpg

4773026391_199f949734.jpg

4773665942_db887125a7.jpg

cman said:
Glad to see you around.

I like the grease patina on the tires.

Yeah its hard to get that "patina" just right.... I thought about trying to clean them, but figured i would just smear the grease around.. I'll try and get some tire cleaner and see if it works..

I do.... Ive just been doing a lot of blacksmithing.. And just finishing up a "bike" that my friend Joe and I (more Joe than me) built

I posted some pics of it before...

But here are some finished shots... Its the Jefferson ( everything is nickel plated)
4774823092_06cc1658e8.jpg

4774823142_fbf3871954.jpg

We are just getting ready to put her up for sale.... Tough to sell a custom motorcycle in this market though...

This is a "stock" 1200CC sportster I bought as a wreck... Joe goosenecked the frame and hardtailed it... I built the front end, the oil bag, headlight bracket and a couple other trivial things... Joe did all the sheet metal and detail work.. It took a year to put this together but we did it on a shoe string budget.... 100's of hours but less cash than it would take to buy a nice stock used sportster...

I dont mean to hijack my own thread.. But I wanted to post some pics of my XS650

4775980413_acf76e37d6.jpg

4776614926_da64735609.jpg

Sweet! You've got both the eye and the skills!! Very cool how the shape of the seat and that of the tank almost mirror each other. :) I also like custom bikes that are built around other engines than a V-twin.

Galtbacken said:
Sweet! You've got both the eye and the skills!! Very cool how the shape of the seat and that of the tank almost mirror each other. :) I also like custom bikes that are built around other engines than a V-twin.

Thanks but I dont deserve much of the credit, My friend Joe is really the design and sheetmetal master... These bikes would not be near as cool If I did them all on my own,

Back