LAY BACK SEAT POST

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if the black ops seat post with the support sit back any further than the standard bmx seat post. I all ready have the standard bmx lay back post on my bike and would like the seat to come back about another inch. Think this one will move it back more?

http://1mg.me/?f=JB800&filename=5195.

whats a "standard BMX layback" is that like "Standard bykes" brand ? I didn't know they made seat posts..

a braced post generally has a sharper angle than non braced and puts you about an inch lower and an inch back.

My bad, I should be more clear.

I meant will this
seatpost.jpg

sit back further than this
seatpost2.jpg

Thanks for your help!
I think scrumblero answered it for me, so I braced post sits back further than a non braced post. I just said standard lay back because that is what I remember from a kit what all the BMX bikes had. Saying braced helps to clarify it.

Imagine the lower part of the posts matched up. That will give you an idea of where the top half will land compared to on the other seat post. I'm trying to invert the pic in my head and match it up to the pic of the other one. It does look like you would go about an inch lower and an inch or a bit more back, depending on where you actually bolt the seat down once you slide it onto the post.

Back