Latest Purchase

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found an add for a 26" mens Schwinn cruiser on Craigslist today. So I figured it was worth at least checking out. Not bad at all for the price. All of the chrome has some surface rust. I will not call it light surface rust but nothing that will not come off. The tires are a little bit dry rotted as well. Overall the frame is in great condition and the paint is in good condition. The seat and bars are not original but one thing that was cool is the frame badge still had the clear plastic layer from when it was new. There are some scratches and scrapes and it is dingy looking but it should cleanup nice. Best part.... it was only $25.

I really don't have a guess for age. The guy said he had it for either 12 years or 20 years. Anyone have any idea on age? Also what is good to use to bring out the shine on a frame. The paint is in good condition but a little dingy. What should I use to bring out the shine a little?

DSC02690.jpg

DSC02691.jpg

Thanks,

Eric

95-98 would go along with him having it 12 years. Thanks for the info.

Eric

hey person- fellow Tex, I see. Im in Htown -the sweltering armpit of the gulf coast :)

i just bought a older tiawan schwinn and it cleaned up real nice with some
clear coat compound i had, followed by a nice coat of "renu" wax that i had laying around....
0000 steel wool will work on the crome nicely....
(i learned on the forum here to lube it with some WD40 while scrubbing- works great)

BEWARE of windex!
I grabbed up some to clean of the original grime and it took ALL of the cool stripes on my chain guard! :x

Hey Primrrdc,

Thanks for the info. I did not know about using WD40 on the chrome. I will give that a shot. I am going to wait to clean this one up until I am completely done with my build off bike. Yeah Houston is pretty dang humid.

Latest posts

Back