Late Night Texas Burrito

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since moving, I have not done much work on anything. I had had enough last night. I have been working through this little project in my brain, and thought that it was time to start bringing it to fruition.This is what I started with....
bikeoriginal.jpg

After a little chopping and welding, this is what I came up with....
borrito2.jpg

I still need to work out a few things, like the crank location and chain travel. But it's close.....
Borrito.jpg

yeah looks cool i"ve been thinkin of doin one like that ever since i saw that LIL" RED post on this thread ,,very cool ,im inspierd ! 8) 8)

been seeing alot of bikes recently with second rear ends welded to em.

i really dig em!

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
yeah looks cool i"ve been thinkin of doin one like that ever since i saw that LIL" RED post on this thread ,,very cool ,im inspierd ! 8) 8)
Lil Red got me going on mine too :)

ayyy, thanks guys! im still workin on that thing.. trying to get the chain to fit in there.. :roll:

like your bike,lookin very good, but, it ain't no Burrito, sorry.

Outlaw

yeah.. burritos are longer and lower. your is better though. :wink:

It may not be a burrito, but I was unsure of exactly what to call it. I built it for my 12 year old and she is only 5' tall. The last bike I built her she could not reach the pedals or the grips. At any rate, I did a little more work last night. Got the chain worked out.
borrito5.jpg

I did not want to devise some weird routing technique for the chain, so I welded in some pipe channels for it to run through. It rides pretty good. The only problem now is the cranks hit the front tire on turns.
borrito6.jpg

Looks like a little fork bending is in my future... To illustrate how low this seat is, I am 6'2".
borrito4.jpg

More to follow.........

Thanks for all of the props......

man it looks warm there! wanna send some of that my way?

average temp's been 54* for the last couple weeks, but where surposed to get some nice weather this weekend. (77*)
love the way ya delt with the chain. very original.

btw dont look like theres much room for fork bending. your pretty low to the ground already.

could ya use longer forks? smaller front wheel? or perhaps shorter cranks?

The closer your pedals to the front wheel, the better your front braking system/routine! Get her some steel toed shoes and she'll be fine! :lol: Remember that eating gravel is good for her gizzard.

I like the look of the bike!The overall rattiness of it jumps the COOL factor off the charts! I like the short and squatty stance. Kinda lookslike a something we'd have seen drawn up for an old 'Odd Rod' sticker.

I think that many of the lowered or stretched bikes suffer from the foot/wheel combo problem. I know we got a couple floating around. :wink: I've ridden quite a few of our guys bikes and there's always a skill level to turning the beasts safely. She'll figure it out if she has to. And if someone ever tries to steal it ....... Well just get the video! :lol:

Chainsaw said:
And if someone ever tries to steal it ....... Well just get the video! :lol:

dude your on a role, you been busting my gutt all morning. :) (caught your military build post, funny as heck!)

icyuod2 said:
Chainsaw said:
And if someone ever tries to steal it ....... Well just get the video! :lol:

dude your on a role, you been busting my gutt all morning. :) (caught your military build post, funny as heck!)

Thanks Icy, yeah lack of sleep, blowing off my diet for the night and "Bell Isle ride" adrenaline is starting to kick in heavily! :lol:

Re: Late Night Texas Burrito, Paint

Well, my ADD does not allow me to be a quality painter. Never the less, I shook up some rattle cans and gave it a shot. We call this a 50/50 paint job. It looks good 50 feet away or at 50 miles an hour.
ImportedPhotos00011.jpg

ImportedPhotos00010.jpg

ImportedPhotos00007.jpg

And let's not forget my ghetto pin striping.......
ImportedPhotos00018.jpg

I still need to put the cranks and chain back on, slap some grips and she's ready to roll.

I really like this bike... I think that the channels for the chain was very clever. Very ratty! :mrgreen:

Thanks unchained, I wanted to leave it rusty but my daughter didn't go for that idea. We converged on this creation. It's like the song, and little bit country and a little bit rock and roll.

now that turned out awsome. a low rider for sure,with alot of rat. good job.

Outlaw

Back