Late 40s/Early 50s CWC Luxury Liner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I posted about this bike in the ID/Valuation section. Today I sent the old man out to meet the owner and see if he could work a deal. I would have gone, but alas I have work and the lady could only meet in the morning. The asking price was $400 which isn't terrible. After some negotiation he got it for $280. I would have been happier with $200, but I'm not complaining yet. :lol: The pictures below are the ones that the seller sent me. Not the greatest by any stretch. According to my Dad the bike looks much better in person. The only issues are the scratches in the paint on the tank, missing headlight lens, torn up seat cover, and some rust on the fenders. I imagine that someone is reproducing the lenses. The fenders should clean up okay, I've gotten very nice results with way worse. If they don't turn out I may source a replacement set. The seat I can redo in an afternoon so thats pretty much a non-issue too. I just need to decide what material to use. I think these usually had a real leather cover? I was toying with the idea of redoing it in red leather or vinyl and adding a crash bar to back, but that may not contrast well with the rest of the patina.

I'm thinking this is late 40's due to the rack braces, adds from 1948/49 show the curved style while later ads from 1952/53 show a straight brace for the rack.

Anyone know where I can get a lens for the headlight?

Very kool old CWC/Roadmaster...if you can send me the diameter of your headlight I might be able to scrounge up a headlight lens for you...does anyone know if these lenses are glass or plastic? I think they were made by Delta?...Pappy 8)

Thanks pappy. Unfortunately I don't have any idea if the lens was glass or plastic. I'm thinking plastic though. When I get the bike home Friday I'll get some measurements.

Also I'm really thinking of throwing a set of brick red tires on it. I've seen others that have done the same and it looks really nice.

What are thoughts on a red seat cover?

Back