Late 30's Wards Hawthorne Silver King

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am having trouble getting my seatpost out on my silverking. do you know what type of lock is built into the post . wedge or spread?

imagearchy said:
i am having trouble getting my seatpost out on my silverking. do you know what type of lock is built into the post . wedge or spread?
All the ones I have seen are wedges.Good luck.

Great build, looks sweet in chrome.

Those brick red tires look great on your SK
IMG_5228.jpg

Beautiful SK, the details are awesome.
Kenny

Awesome looking bike do you plan on putting a kickstand? I'm trying to think of how to put a kickstand on mine with no fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't mine. Its just a 3 year old thread I bumped up cuz I liked the build.

Looking great so far....I once owned a Monarch Silver King(badged) exactly
like your frame...This particular long and lean frame is my favorite design of all
time....except I broke mine twice. Once on the seatstay blade and once on the top
tube...Just be carefull when riding this lovely chrome-er. Don't wanna bust your
psych out....I will always love these silverking frames. There is no prettier frame in my
opinion..
FYI, before I tore my broken one apart, I was running 26" rims with high pressure slicks on a 3-spd coaster, a Schwinn springer and a skiptooth drivetrain...
Nice rider when running...

Back