Last Shot....With Paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Last Shot

rgallen said:
Looks like Unc has gotten a second wind on this one. I'm loving it. That looks cool.
I smoke so I just barely have any wind. :cry: I'm not a quitter so good bad or indifferent I'm going to finish this one. I will figure out the fork problem when I finish the bike....maybe something will come to mind. :lol:
KOTA said:
Best looking one yet! I' go to a lot of bike sites, world wide, and you friend are right there with ANY builder.
Thanks Kota ,but its a copy I cant take any of the credit for the design. I didnt really see the back triangle and I have deviated from what they do. Its probably close enough for government work.
I'm glad you like it. Thanks.

Uncle Stretch said:
Yeah it looks alot better than just a flat dropout. I'm going slow and trying to figure out all the small details that should make this one look better. Got the BB welded on so really all that is left is some bondo and paint. :D

Then sending it to me! 8)

Ratina I have to live with my wife and I don't think it would be very pleasant if I give her bike away....besides she already call dibbs
She came up with this placement of the middle bar. I know everybody like the big straight bar , but she now feels like she has to have input on the frame....go figure. :lol: Oh and she is throwing in some of my favorite chicken enchiladas with yellow rice and homemade salsa. :roll: :p :p

basmantypebar002.jpg

If this really is your last frame, at least you're going out with a bang. Can't wait to see it done. 8)

Hey thanks Mark.
Well necessaryevil I need to make some changes to my life somehow. I'm down to working in an 4 x 8 spot in my 12 x 20 shop. Its totally insane to keep this many bikes and the market is gone in Houston, so selling some wont work either. I don't do Ebay so its either quit building or get down to a 3 x 5 space. Now I have to be really careful moving around, so I dont get hit by handlebars off of the hanging ones. I could strip them all back to frames and they would take up less room...but then there would be 20 rims plus the 15 or so already in there to deal with. Its so crouded you have to go outside to change your mind. I may build again ,but something has to change to do it. :cry: Glad you like this one. Being as its the last for a while it lets me be a little better on it. If something wasnt just right I changed it no matter how hard it was. Its been fun so far.

Cool. Those drop outs look really good man. Is the down tube open on the bottom? Or did you cap it off? With the name being Last Shot is it going to be Tequila color :lol:

Thanks Maddog. I filled in all the tubes. I'm probably going to go with silver. I got use to looking at it silver so far, so It should look good with that for a color. I need to weld in the middle tube and stick a couple set screws in the seat post tube...then bondo and paint. Its getting close. I'm not hurrying so it should be finished by this week. I'm kinda polking along now. :wink:

Uncle Stretch said:
Ratina I have to live with my wife and I don't think it would be very pleasant if I give her bike away....besides she already call dibbs
She came up with this placement of the middle bar. I know everybody like the big straight bar , but she now feels like she has to have input on the frame....go figure. :lol: Oh and she is throwing in some of my favorite chicken enchiladas with yellow rice and homemade salsa. :roll: :p :p

basmantypebar002.jpg

I guess your gonna make me learn how to use my welder, and buy a bender! 8)

Its not that hard. I have tried to show everybody ...if a dummie like me can learn to do this than anybody can. JUST BEWARE!!!

41.jpg

hey ive learned alot from watching your trial and error(you probably saved me some $ in the process)
well you probably wont hear me say this too often but.......listen to the wife(so far everytime shes tossed in her opinion ive been with what she said :lol: )
i like the curved bar alot more......2x4s and plywood arent that expensive....sounds like its time to build a shed until the bike market goes back up(or just start posting them here....although shippings a pain!)

I really hope that some of my stuff that I try, helps others. I have tried to make everybody understand ...dont watch....build. When I redo a bike I look and the only thing I wind up useing is the neck and downtube. It silly not to just build the whole thing. Go with your flow. Everybody can sketch out a bike ...the next step is to build it. Its really pretty simple . Four or five bent tubes welded together. I bought a 10 ' piece of neck. I cut them with a pipe cutter to keep them square. I have built probably 8 or 10 scratch builds and I still have 4' of the neck stuff left and the BB is 1 1/2 water pipe...way simple. There ought to be at least 10 scratch builds going at all times with this many members. :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
There ought to be at least 10 scratch builds going at all times with this many members. :lol:

I would be happy to oblige you if I had a place to build at right now. :(

xHOBOPHOBIAx said:
I would be happy to oblige you if I had a place to build at right now.
Excuses excuses ...got to be some place in all of Arkansas :lol:

Sensor this stuff is 1 1/2 od. Its real thick and I dont know the ID. I took a set of head cups to a friends shop and started sticking them in all the tubing he had. He has been there for 20 years or so and has alot of tubing laying around from projects he built for customers. This stuff is what they call mechanical tubing ...meaning it dosent have the weld inside. I was at a steel place and trying to find some of the same stuff ,but some for the seat post. They started talking stupid ..like that stuff was $10 a foot or something crazy. I bought a drill bit and use the 3/4'' OD schedule 40 and drill out the welded part to 5/8 id and then just use the 5/8 OD schedule 40 pipe for a seatpost tube. There maybe something simpler ,but once I found this, I stayed with it. Sometime when your not busy PM me and give me a number and I'll call you and answer any other quesions . Got a cell phone with 7000 minutes and let me see...oh yeah I'm retired :lol: :lol: That goes for anybody else that might have some questions that I can answer....in the US please.

oh, there are places, but i'm at college right now... and the school doesn't like welding in dorms

Yeah those schools can be so narrow minded , when you drag a workbench and a welder into your dorm room. :lol: :lol: :lol: Well it will give you some time to design some bikes and when your through you can get a place and build something unique. :wink:

I'm liking this build more and more Paul, can't wait to see it finished.
Am glad you used a smaller diameter tube in the middle, looks killer !

This is no copy, this is a tribute to Basman. They should feel honoured by now. :wink:

Uncle Stretch said:

Thanks, I think I will have to stick this one on my shed. :mrgreen:

Back