Lame mountain bike find...but interesting story

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo...the wife calls me and says she see's an old bike in the trash. Well.. I know she don't know old from new on bikes, but hey...trash means free. So she procedes to get me this rather lame Kensington MB, which I belive is a huffy

Zmountainbike1.jpg

OK...its obvious this thing is shot... but heres the interesting part...

Zmountainbike2.jpg

Zmountainbike3.jpg

She knocks at the door to be 100% sure she can just take it. The lady says go ahead....and it was only riden twice! Not sure how long ago, her son was hit by a car. He recovered, and they bought him this new bike. After tryin it twice, he gave up on biking. It was left in a damp shed that flooded last year. So there it is. Basically a brand new bike, completely ruined. But, the funny thing is, it rides like brand new! Shifts perfect too!!

Great story!

Don't change a thing, where else you going to get a fully functional bike with a green slime finish? :D :D

Ha, that makes me think of my '69 Krate. It laid on its side in a damp basement for some time (and looks it). Changed out only the derailleur and it rides and shifts excellent.

Back