LAKER Parade Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello RRB people,
after about 2 weeks of lurking, i finally got the itch and alot of inspiration from your bikes on your gallery threads--i am hooked! i love checking out the creativity and individualism of each bike and new posts everyday.
so this is a sneak peek at my first attempt to add a little style and flavor to a free(about to be thrown away) cruise bike. it's basically a dedication to my hometeam, the LA LAKERS, on winning their 16th World Championship. i have no idea what brand/model it is and i searched the S/N (underneath the bracket) on google and found nothing. my LBS guy said it must fairly outdated and a crappy brand because it's a 5-speed! either way, i consider it a sneak peek because i am not done with my little mods but i wanted to share it now.
thanks for the time, D
IMG_20100621_5998.jpg

the colorway is obviously yellow/purple, added the bmx pegs so either of my 2 boys could hop on
IMG_20100621_5999.jpg

i have the chain going thru the derailler but did not connect the shift cable yet, so it's fixed for now
IMG_20100621_6000.jpg

i am using a double-kickstand, but i didnt realize how low it hangs---i have to mod it or go back to basic--not sure yet
IMG_20100621_6001.jpg

i already get loads of comments on the apes, I LOVE THEM!

Wow I love this thing. I didnt want to hijack your thread but check out the resemblance to my latest build. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26741 Is your bike a 20 inch? Its hard to tell by the pictures. I think we have the same bars on our bikes and I too have been getting many compliments on the bars too. keep up the good work.

TommyTwoTime said:
Wow I love this thing. I didnt want to hijack your thread but check out the resemblance to my latest build. http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26741 Is your bike a 20 inch? Its hard to tell by the pictures. I think we have the same bars on our bikes and I too have been getting many compliments on the bars too. keep up the good work.

thanks for the compliments Tommy2X
yes, no need to apologize because i have seen your bike and it was part of my inspiration---i was on the ApeHangers thread everyday for ideas and i knew i had to have it. i am rolling 26" and havent decided to add my shifter cable to my 5spd cassette.
as you can also see, i have a bmx fork(for now) and added the pegs and my apes are nirve 24"---i wish i can get about 10 more inches so i can really hang...

Back