Lady Skiptooth. Done,ready for market.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started the breakdown and rebuild of the 46/47 CWC / Western Flyer that I picked up last week.I was trying to clean the seat and even though I was very gentle it ripped right in the middle.I will now be redoing a seat cover. I found myself looking through my wifes purses trying to find one big enough to cover the seat in one piece.As I had them all out reality set in and I opted for another route. :lol: I took apart the seat pan,cleaned,primed and painted it.Cleaned up the tires,they look great. They are not original but are Kenda w/ the red line.The handlebars had been painted metallic to cover where the chrome had worn off. I cleaned the paint off,shined them up and put on a coat of clear.I know some of you may say save the paint that is on the bike. The paint is not original,near the neck it is wrinkled and the pinstripes look like they were done by a 4 year old with a shakey hand. :shock: I think I can do the bike justice with a little paint. The Columbia I did a few months back came out ok.I have the frame and fork stripped and primed.The fenders and chainguard are almost ready to prime. T he pedals were disassembled ,metal parts cleaned and the rubber was cleaned and coated with some black shoe polish.

Here is the new build.....
girlsbikes011.jpg

Seat and pan....
girlsbikes015.jpg

girlsbikes016.jpg

girlsbikes017.jpg

Why it is getting painted...
girlsbikes018.jpg

girlsbikes019.jpg

Re: Lady Skiptooth

Redid the seat today.I bought some scrap leather from Tandy ,,today was 60% off so for 3.50 I had enough for 2 seats.I have never attempted this before and it shows. I think with a little practice it would be pretty simple.It is a little loose around the contours but not too much.I have already put the clips that hold the pan on so I am a little reluctant to take it apart to stretch more.All and all I am content for my first attempt. :wink:
girlsbikes020.jpg

girlsbikes021.jpg

Re: Lady Skiptooth(seat recovered 1st time)

Looks good. I tried recover with some vinyl but need to find some leather. The vinyl is too thick and bunches up around the nose. Thanks for reminding me about Tandy Leather. I think we have one in town.

Re: Lady Skiptooth (painted & mock up)

Paint job is mostly done,whew!! I painted it with one white stripe and the fender tips white. I decided to add some red stripes on it as well,not realizing what a tedious job it would be. I still need to take it apart and clearcoat. That is why crank is not on. I liked the simplicity of the one white stripe but now that the red is added I really like it. :wink:
girlsbikes022.jpg

girlsbikes023.jpg

girlsbikes024.jpg

girlsbikes025.jpg

Re: Lady Skiptooth(seat recovered 1st time)

cman said:
Looks good. I tried recover with some vinyl but need to find some leather. The vinyl is too thick and bunches up around the nose. Thanks for reminding me about Tandy Leather. I think we have one in town.
for anyone that does not have tandy intown i know i dont so i can go to there websight and know i used to get some of there stuff at my local ac moores http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/s
:wink:

Looks GREAT! You'll have NO problem flippin that.

Latest posts

Back