Ladies Rollfast Resto-Mod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does anyone know what model or year this ladies Rollfast is? I also need a chainguard that goes with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I've got two serial numbers, one on the rear drop out which reads F269014 and another on the bottom bracket which reads 75EH. I would like to do a resto-mod for my fiance and I've looked alot for info but all for naught really, perhaps anyone may know here on RRB?
FD19C86D-3E79-4E15-AB36-CEC73A5B5367_zpssoudfunl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
FD19C86D-3E79-4E15-AB36-CEC73A5B5367_zpssoudfunl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Only can see your last pic, looks like a nice frame with great original paint!
I believe it is close to my 1956 boys Hawthorne. It will give you an idea of what you need if you want it original.
mwhawthornwnewchainguard1_zpsa0c3724a.jpg

The year is stamped in reverse so "75" becomes "57".

Rollfast was the house brand of D.P. Harris, and built exclusively by the H.P. Snyder co. They closed in the mid 70s and there's no real serial number data base for the Rollfast bikes. But by the looks of your's it's more than likely mid '50s.

Only can see your last pic, looks like a nice frame with great original paint!
I believe it is close to my 1956 boys Hawthorne. It will give you an idea of what you need if you want it original.
mwhawthornwnewchainguard1_zpsa0c3724a.jpg

The year is stamped in reverse so "75" becomes "57".
That's a great looking bike there, same paint scheme and everything, is that the original chain guard? Also, could you tell me what size wheels those are, I'm looking to buy a set of 26 by such and such but I'm not sure exactly the size width..

Rollfast was the house brand of D.P. Harris, and built exclusively by the H.P. Snyder co. They closed in the mid 70s and there's no real serial number data base for the Rollfast bikes. But by the looks of your's it's more than likely mid '50s.
Thanks BikeBum, I'm really looking forward to this build and I knew I could count on help from RRB :thumbsup:

That's a great looking bike there, same paint scheme and everything, is that the original chain guard? Also, could you tell me what size wheels those are, I'm looking to buy a set of 26 by such and such but I'm not sure exactly the size width..
Thanks! I was lucky enough to score the bike complete as shown except chain guard was missing and tires were toast. RRB member A.S.Boltnut sold me the chain guard. A Rollfast looks like this with original graphics.
rollfastgirls5_zps72bdb0be.jpg

There is an attached bracket that fits the bottom bracket.
chainguard_zpsmuvrxmni.jpg

I believe the rims are "drop center" and I found out that 26 x 1.95 tires were to wide and tall to fit the fenders. I did have a nice used set of 26 x 1.50" that work perfect. I really like my bike and its original paint...
Coffee%20Clunker%20003_zpskcs9svt8.jpg

This is what your Rollfast chain guard should look like.

Back