Ladies bike from the...? 70's, 40's..?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last pic for now.
07e86944704fba38fecc2aeb7336265c.jpg

Its funny you should mention the colorscheme I took my name from.. Most of the Black is now more of a trim, in crevices of Natural faded Red Patina and white trims.. [Photos for example coming Sunday if weather holds out for a day ride]
Its a combination between the green guard fenders and seat-

[which I actually took the cover off recently to discover a black metal banana pan!
*thought it'd be chrome* And despite how cool it looked, it hurt somethin' Fierce.]

-with the red Patina..Flat Black shadowing on the welds and corners [more appealing to the overall look of the frame] and some chrome shimmering through in the fenders where I took a steel dish brush and scrubbed off a few sections.. [again, to more appeal to the overall look of the bike..giving it that worn and used appeal.]

I liked the black and green solids.. you know, all flat toned. It really pulled me in, and its probably what got me to buy it..leading me here..and so fourth, but I had to make it my own.. and thats exactly what its becoming. A complete personalization of my ideals and interests from ground up. Its looking more and more like a mix between "Smoking in the Boys Room" and "Hooligan", two of my favorite builds on this site.. Low, crusty, and appealing to the 40's with an easy appeal to the Boston scene around the time of Pinstripes and Heavy fenders.[an era and place of personal interest]

FZ

It had a tank and the rear hub is a Komet Super. Good luck building it. I can make out the name "Sears" on the chain guard. Here's a 24" model that might be close to what you have:

301fuhj.jpg

Last edited:
I love to see old crusty weathered frames like this one get new leases on life and your plan sounds like an ideal way to revive it.

Back