Kulana MoonDog 7 Attitude Adjustment to Rat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this thing on C/L for the whopping sum of $15. Picked it up at 1:30 today. By sundown I had it disassembled, cut up sanded and repainted.
The C/L picture, this thing needs a change. An attitude change from a mundane cruiser to one with an attitude..

And what it should look like, Orange

Re: Kulana MoonDog 7

Love it! I so own a. Moon Dog, converted to a road dog.
The factory orange offends the eye!
Can't wait you're done.

I saw this thing on the net, I had no idea what it was. Thought it was maybe a Hi $$$ Machine. Sanding down, Oh its a Kool Kulana. Sanded a little farther and found out it was a "Pacific Cycle" Hmmmmmm, el-Cheapo Bike. I had no problem cutting up. Seen a few other guys cutting off the Canit bars and so did I. I'll keep it a 7 speed but maybe a suiside shifter and keep the hand brakes. Going to wet sand and repaint and drill holes for the internal cable routing right now

I have to say that the dog you got, same as mine, rides pretty good. Long, really long for a cheapo frame, and pretty stiff, but lame geometry, the bottom bracket is to high for my tastes also. But I still ride it the most, my ride to work, rain, and beater.
I bunny hop curbs, jump driveway ramps, skid, wheelie, and generally act like a kid on mine. Kinda like Pee Wee Hermans evil older brother.....

I should have posted this the last time...

I have noticed 2 styles of frames the moon dog used, ours with the flattened top tube, and a curved top tube, don't know if they are different.

And at 5 pm I added the last of the goodies, red grips, with red cable housings.

My Red Head Badge

A Red Line Crank

Internal cables

Went with a Meaga Gear

Atleast I didnt paint the wheels red. Yellow and black look good as well.

Back