Klunker rebuild

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see his clearly enough to tell what it is.

Now if I'm right I use something like this
71cauh0sHiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
with this
truvativ-bmx-to-threaded-bsa-bb-adapter-242899-1.jpg

I can use the crank I have handy just how many parts do I want if the Shimano crank would have worked I would have it all working already grrrrr

Now if I'm right I use something like this View attachment 228166 with this View attachment 228167
I can use the crank I have handy just how many parts do I want if the Shimano crank would have worked I would have it all working already grrrrr
If you have a hollow spindle crank set, two-piece or three piece, then this is what you need. If you want to run square taper then you just need the adapter pictured on the bottom along with a square taper BB with the right spindle width. I have different bikes with all of the variations mentioned

I didn't go back and look but I assume you already have a cranks at you're trying to use?

If you have a hollow spindle crank set, two-piece or three piece, then this is what you need. If you want to run square taper then you just need the adapter pictured on the bottom along with a square taper BB with the right spindle width. I have different bikes with all of the variations mentioned

I didn't go back and look but I assume you already have a cranks at you're trying to use?
I did but the the Shimano XT where the ring in the middle holds the bigger ring on so the square taper was out. So I started looking to buy a different one square taper are harder to find. Lots of hollow spindle and there really nice.

she is the one who said I needed a hobby, she said I should get out more and make friends... It is obviously her fault

Every dang time!
ie:

She: The garage is too full of bikes!
He: I should sell yours. It’s the oldest one.
She: grrrrr…..
He: OR … you could Remember to put it in your shed.
She: ………humph!

(It’s still in the garage. She hasn’t ridden in 3 weeks. But she wants to move mine?)

Once again @MattiThundrrr with the assist
Screenshot_20230414-172328.png

I seen this unassuming bike for 90 bucks never thought nothing about it free spirit Sears more often than not garage. But Matti looking closer noticed the Sturmey archer 3 speed with drum brake hub, it also has a crank I can use the tires new, brand new chain, brake lever, and sun rims. And talk the guy down to 50 bucks to boot.

IMG_20230425_191138073.jpg

Went with the truvativ converting bracket and installed a shimano un71 bottom bracket
IMG_20230425_191106699.jpg

Used the sturmey archer crankset I had handy Should have cleaned it first but it's night shift and I'm lazy.Take some links out of the chain and switch out peddles
IMG_20230425_190928549.jpg

A Sears Free Spirit came new with SA hub and cranks? If so, I'd save that frame for another build.

A Sears Free Spirit came new with SA hub and cranks? If so, I'd save that frame for another build.
It was bizarre guy rebuilt the free spirit with the sturmey drum break,that Shimano bottom bracket set of sun rims in perfect shape,the crank barely has a mark on with matching break ,tires are new and the frame was saved to make a beater bike for the winter it's a smaller frame A style frame witch is hard for me to find.

the frame was saved to make a beater bike for the winter it's a smaller frame
Lol good to hear that, the klunker can use a break, and the Bertrand deserves better treatment. The Free Spirit, really didn't look too bad the way he built it, you should be able to slap together something good with it. I noticed that the ladies bike he had is still available

Back