Kids Sidecar Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Visited a retired machinist friend yesterday and he showed me what he's working on. I didn't even know this guy messed with bikes! This thing is pretty neat. Aluminum sheeting. Wally World bike. He has a fender roller and an English wheel and all sorts of presses and other tooling. This is for his grandson. Will have a cover on the sidecar and the whole thing will get a paint job. Way better than training wheels! Gary

That's fantastic! Wow on the sheet metal. He needs one more thing though...springer :D

dscf2895e.jpg

Dude makes some nice parts :D loving the shapes on the front of the sidecar, must have some fun tools to play with !!!

I'm the ol'man doing the sidecar build. I hope to paint it this spring. I'll just rattle can it, I'm thinking the boy will ding it up some. Perhaps my son and the boys will refurb it in a few years.

BobH.

I'm the ol'man doing the sidecar build. I hope to paint it this spring. I'll just rattle can it, I'm thinking the boy will ding it up some. Perhaps my son and the boys will refurb it in a few years.

BobH.
Great thinking! Love the build, really awesome work! I hope we will see some more of your work? Possibly in the big build-off starting early May?

Luke.

BobH.

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum. Lots of people here just like you that can't leave well enough alone!:acute: Looks like they're wanting you in the build off. Go for it...rat that Shelby Whippet.
I'll bring some of that wood over to play with on your lathe if it ever warms up. Gary

Can you folks tell me more about the build off? Where would I find more info?

BobH.

Can you folks tell me more about the build off? Where would I find more info?

BobH.
Best bet is to have a look through the Ancient History area where all the past build-offs are: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?categories/ancient-history.20/

There is also a current discussion on what people are/are not doing for the next one: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/countdown-to-rrbbo-9-bonine.80232/

Sorry, I can't seem to find a thread with the rules posted anymore, it usually runs from the 1st of May and runs for 3 months or slightly more depending on what day of the week it falls on.
Traditional builds do not allow frame modifications, Anything Goes is just that, anything goes, provided the work is done by the entrant, not someone else.
Only other rule is "No Bunnies" that one is a bit more complicated to explain, but if you spend long enough looking through the past build-offs it will become clear... ;)

Luke.

Back