kid on stingray w/welded rear dropouts..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody know where to find that pic of the kid on the copper stingray w/ the bent forks and the welded on rear dropouts?

here ya go....
589e9d68.jpg

wow look at the bars in relation to the cranks that kid has better legs than me. cool picture!!!

i love that pic, but i'm thinkin its just for photo purposes. i don't think that bike is ridable.

check out the pedal infront of his right leg. to me it looks like it sticks out a couple inches further than the tire.
unless the pedals are top/bottom, that bike wouldn't turn. even if he had his pedals top/bottom chances are his feet would hit the front tire. coaster brake isn't hooked up, and lets face it, that bike would be dam near impossible to pedal. looks like he'll kick himself in the ... with his heels.

its either a very cool looking but very very poorly designed bike by a novice builder, or a complete sham for the sake of a good pic. or at least thats my take on the bike.

icyuod2 said:
i love that pic, but i'm thinkin its just for photo purposes. i don't think that bike is ridable.

check out the pedal infront of his right leg. to me it looks like it sticks out a couple inches further than the tire.
unless the pedals are top/bottom, that bike wouldn't turn. even if he had his pedals top/bottom chances are his feet would hit the front tire. coaster brake isn't hooked up, and lets face it, that bike would be darn near impossible to pedal. looks like he'll kick himself in the butt with his heels.

its either a very cool looking but very very poorly designed bike by a novice builder, or a complete sham for the sake of a good pic. or at least thats my take on the bike.
It's clearly not ready for any real riding, but I think the huge amount of leading edge on that fork just might nullify the feet/steering problem, the whole dang wheel is out past the pivot line.

i dont think the tire is past the pivot point. granted its close, but i still don't think its ridable.

anybody know where the pic came from? it would be fun to do alittle online detective work to see if we can get to the bottom of this.

*note these are just my opinions and as we all know those are worthless....just ask my wife*
:wink:
i started looking at that and it doesnt look anymore unrideable than a lowrider with the spring taken out of the springer(granted it may be miles away from comfortable :shock: )
you just dont turn while pedaling and you get used to the fact that your knees would be knocking on the bars and your butt......the brake being disconnected.....i used to pull the arm of when i was a kid and have getto freewheel :lol: not safe but it doesnt mean its unrideable........

haha that's great to finally know where this pic originated from. i posted it on this site a while ago when i found it over on the hamb!

[quoteIm thinkin about a 26" version....][/quote] Me too! I have one in the works, but I cut the old dropouts off, and am going to bend the donor rear section to align w/it. So, it'll look like a stock frame that's been magically stretched out. I don't care for that tacked on look! But, I was originally inspired by that pic!!! ~Adam

Back