Kickstand Magazine ???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any problems with Kickstand Magazine ?? I ordered a bunch of back issues and a subscription in July. I havent received anything and they don't answer emails. I'm out almost $70.00.
You might want to check things out before you order anything from them.

PROBLEM SOLVED. Kickstand got back to just minutes after my post. I'm getting all my stuff!! Thanks Kickstand for the quick resolution ! :D

Bullywerks,

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated. Kickstand is committed to providing our subscribers with the highest quality magazine and we sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. You comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our subscriber, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.
I have emailed you directly through this site with my contact information. Please send an email and I will personally mail your order. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from Kickstand Magazine.

Sincerely,

Eva Starnes
Kickstand Magazine

This is the only "cruiser" magazine there is. It's fairly new, and must be a daunting task to get it to meet publication deadlines. I've had a problem in the past, and it was taken care of. They have had articles on a number of our bikes and their builders. I'd hate to see it go under. Personally I'd be willing to pay MORE for a subscription!...Good Luck "Kicstand", I hope everything works out.

mikesbikes36,

I shot you an email with my contact information. Please send me your info and we'll take care of you.

Thanks,

Eva Starnes
Kickstand Magazine

The RRB Auction Bike cover was the last issue that went out.

Brad said that issue #9 will be released this Thursday at Interbike.

I'm guessing it will arrive in mailboxes very soon.

BTW...These guys also have regular full-time jobs and families and one of their writers was recently diagnosed with cancer.

I love my subscription! I know it take the fine folks over at Kickstand a while to get the issues laid out and have come to expect an irregular publication schedule. I am always excited to find a new issue in my mailbox. Someday I hope to have one of my bikes featured. Keep up the good work!

If you want a magazine that shows up on a regular schedule subscribe to People. Good things come to those who wait.

KICKSTAND RULZ MAN.....my dealer gives me a FREE one everytime it comes out and I am very happy with it...kinda thin but new so it is expected......classy and well done they could cut corners but do not.......kuch

Thanks for yer inquiries. We are printing issue 9 today, Sept. 13!! And it will be officially released at Interbike on Thursday, Sept. 15, 2011, so you should be seeing subscriptions in the next few weeks! (assuming the USPS doesn't botch the mailing like the last time).

This magazine isn't produced by a giant corporate machine dedicated to selling ads with content surrounding them. Nor do we churn issues out just to make another buck. Instead, it's several dedicated folks who are madly passionate about bikes, and have some decent design/production skills, and as such, are committed to the "freewheeling lifestyle.: This is a labor of love, as we still have day jobs - all so that we can continue to bring this magazine to you, as often as possible (even if sporadically).

The best comparison i can give you (most every one on this forum will understand this metaphor): Kickstand Magazine is much the same as as building a custom bike, you get all the parts to make the perfect bicycle, but once you start putting it together, you are quickly faced with the challenges of what you didn't think of before you started. For example, you may realize you need a different stem, or the pedals that looked great online, don't fit the cranks, or the paint job comes out all bubbly, so you have to strip it down again and start from scratch.

So goes it for producing Kickstand Magazine.... We have managed to pull together 9 beautiful and interesting issues without fail... all in the worst economy the US has seen in 75 years, and it's still going. It may not be on a tradition schedule-but we manage to get out issues that are of the best quality possible and include many stories photos about folks here on RBB.com. As noted in a previous post by a forum member, "if you want a regular schedule, subscribe to People Magazine." Are we doing everything perfectly? Certainly not... but you have to crawl before you walk, and the baby is gonna poop its pants before they make it to the toilet every once in a while. (this is a perfect metaphor as I'm a single parent of a newly potty trained 2 year old!)

We appreciate your support! Tell your friends about it, subscribe and help us promote the beauty of the Freewheeling Life that we all love and cherish.

Brad that doesn't even account for time spent trying to "Herd Cats" at The COD! :lol: Keep up the good work.

Any word on the next issue???? I still haven't gotten mine. Chompin' at the bit here.

i subscribed online friday. i bought back issues, but because i wanted them delivered to an address not associated with my credit card, the order got bounced. i called the magazine, and a gentleman took the order and assured me everything would get delivered in 3 - 4 weeks.

it was good to get a real person on the phone instead of an automated menu requiring several prompts only to end up with a recorded message. hope everything works out (for all of us!)

I also completely agree with Peatbog!

Congratulations on the potty training! Apparently you splashed a little on a few folks though. It sounds like your making the corrections as you go so what more can you expect in a niche market and a bad economy. I wish I wouldve picked up the back issues I missed when you were giving them away in AnnArbor. Oh well maybe one day I'll get around to ordering them. Keep up the great mag.

TommyTwoTime said:
Congratulations on the potty training! Apparently you splashed a little on a few folks though. It sounds like your making the corrections as you go so what more can you expect in a niche market and a bad economy. I wish I wouldve picked up the back issues I missed when you were giving them away in AnnArbor. Oh well maybe one day I'll get around to ordering them. Keep up the great mag.
Great magazine! I have been a subscriber since day one. I happy with everything. Not to mention I got to work with the guys at kickstand when they interviews me and Dr.T for the Auction Rat. Great people! Thanks guys, Keep up the hard work.

But yes I do understand the points of those who have not received anything yet. Just try to give it time. :wink:

Latest posts

Back