Kickstand Magazine Update

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does not leave a whole lot of doubt about his commitment to the magazine and it's subscribers, does it?

jerrykr said:
does not leave a whole lot of doubt about his commitment to the magazine and it's subscribers, does it?
It filled me with dread to think that people might start thinking that bike people are all a bunch of wig ,cardboard box,bubblewrap wearing freaks.
I realize its focused in Denver mostly as just a good time,do something different event but this guy goes on TV swapping wigs and showing dudes in scuba gear,cardboard and bubble wrap to name a few.

Xcruiser said:
Dorian said:
Im not 100% familiar with whats going on but Ive read the entire thread and then I read this interview or whatever word for word and my conclusion is this: If this is the guy that represents our passion/hobby I am embarrassed.I wouldn't plan on folks seeing a successful magazine from this guy.
At a glance he lacks class,tact and professionalism.
Id guess due to as much as he said F-u in the article he's likely saying F-u to his subscribers as well.

That video interview of Brad Evans told me a lot more than I wanted to know, to be honest I found it painful to watch :shock:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear mr. Peat bog, I personally would like to apologize for causing you so much ire. At no time did we attempt to scam you or defraud you.

Starting anything is full of challenges, and unexpected turns and twists. What launched from an idea into a real project has been full of new learning experiences. The magazine isn't staffed by a group of well paid individuals, but instead was a few people who all had other jobs in order to pay for this to happen... And volunteered our time to see if we could make this happen, And we have worked endless hours to keep the flame lit, drained our personal bank accounts to pay the very real print bills.

Clearly our mistake was promising more than we could deliver, I understand that now. I am however proud of the 9 issues that we have managed to produce over the past 2 years. It is somewhat of a miracle in and of itself, that we accomplished even this. But we have fallen short of your expectations, and for that sincerely apologize for the offense and anger that not shipping magazines as quickly as we had hoped has caused you such duress.

I make no excuses for what we have and haven't managed to accomplish, we have worked our fingers to the bone to produce the best magazine we knew how to, as quickly, and as we could afford to. Should you or any of the other folks here prefer a refund, we will happily credit back to you any unshipped issues still due to you that you have paid for in advance.

To those that still believe in us, and have sent messages of encouragement, we sincerely thank you for your support. The truth if the matter is that i had no idea that magazine (or lack thereof) could cause such consternation, and for that i sincerely apologize. As you may have seen, we have been able to secure a new channel formour magazine, and it isnour hope that this will breathe new life into our quest to make a cool magazine. We continue to work on making inroads into a sometimes unforgiving and challenging marketplace, and appreciate the support you have shown us.

Send us an email at [email protected] to allow us to process your refund.

I have spoken with Brad recently, and he displayed the same new attitude towards me as well. It is much appreciated!
I'm willing to forget the past as long as he keeps us updated and doesn't get defensive or insulting.
It would also be great if Kickstand was released on a regular basis.

bradkevans said:
largek9 said:
Dorian said:
Interesting:
http://www.thedenveregotist.com/editori ... brad-evans

Very much so! :roll:

p.s. note listen what he says @ 11:55. :lol:

“If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.” - Epictetus

"If you want to be thought of seriously, and as someone with integrity, don't talk down to them as you would talk down to an ignorant child, for you will in turn be thought of as an ignorant adult! It is the ignorant adult who cannot accept when he has underachieved, and he will blame others when they question his performance at delivering a product he has offered. Business has higher expectations than something that is considered a mere hobby - with hobbies you can do what you please (when you please) with no regard to anyone but yourself. But, when people are counting on you (as a professional businessman) to "deliver" you had better do it like a professional, or you will be thought of as a overextended amateur, who cannot be trusted to get the job done." - Melmoth Parnassus

Foolish and stupid
“If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid” . a quote from Epictetus. Epictetus was a Stoic philosopher of the first century AD. He says this wonderful thing: that people around us to can have opinions, but we must endure it only because we want to grow. Our growth is apparently accompanied by opinions of others about us. As we grow we will therefore be different. And we better learn to tolerate others judge us.

I think Brad meant to say he is learning from this criticism(hopefully).

I firmly believe that making your hobby into a business is not wise for your happiness.

I have all the earlier issues. Looking forward to the next! Just went back and re-read the older ones last weekend. I too have a subscription.....and eagerly awaiting the next issue!

Jerry Peck
Adams, NY

Has there really only been 3 new issues since Dec. 2010? #6 came out in Oct.2010 I think.

Dorian

I haven't kept track of when but I know i signed up on issue #4 and the last one i got was #9, I renewed the subscription because they told me it was coming due, and they sent me issue #9 again ... :lol:

Brad,

You have lied locally for years and now you have ripped people off on a grander scale, be proud. You have tried to make excuses that include lies about peoples health, and bs'ing people into buying a magazine that's content is childlike. You were smart to avert your eyes when I walked into the room, I appreciate you avoiding me. It confirms everything I know about you.

Consider politics, you could go places.

I'm going for a bike ride.

I'd rather have the issues that I paid for than hope at this point. Not to bash the info provided, but this is really a disappointment.

...., I should have researched more before I spent the money on a subscription. :twisted: I did it less than a month ago. Dammit!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back