Kennar or kennel hub?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took apart a hub to regrease it. I might not of put it back together well enough. It squeels now. I used lithium grease. Is that good enough?
Is it Kennel super? Or Kenner super. Can't tell.
does anyone have a diagram of the hub

Man did I ever read that wrong.

I hear a squeel when the bike coasts. not when it's being pedaled. There was a bearing I couldnt get out. The one that was inside the sprocket I think. Kinda hard to remember now. Im going to have to take it back apart again. I also think instead of using lithium grease Im going to buy some regular grease.
Man that was alot of trouble.

The Komet Super hub is unique in that the bearing on the brake arm cannot be removed and replaced, the arm and bearing must be replaced as a unit. So if that bearing is the one causing the problem in your hub, you will need to find a NOS one or a good used one.

Yeah I noticed that there was one bearing that I could not figure how to get out. So I cleaned it. Twisted it on when I put it together and nothing squeeked until I tightened everything.. I don't want to take it back apart again. I am very lazy lately. I have been working alot.
Maybe more grease

So anyone got this part. I have got to get this bike rollin?
Crassly said:
The Komet Super hub is unique in that the bearing on the brake arm cannot be removed and replaced, the arm and bearing must be replaced as a unit. So if that bearing is the one causing the problem in your hub, you will need to find a NOS one or a good used one.

Does it look like this one?

100_4402.jpg

100_4398.jpg

Not quite. I was hoping to just get the stuff inside. Heck Steve do you just have a cheepo rear coaster brake rim. I don't need any stuff that is original...

Hooch said:
Rat Rod said:
Unfortunately I don't have coaster wheels at the moment. :cry:

we truley loosing him to Bmxers hahahaha

Ha Ha...my last set went on this bike that I sold last weekend.

I do have a set of chrome S7s off my old 67 Typhoon I sold...but they are stayin put.

No thanks, I don't like the tire issues with those.. It's a pain finding s-7 tires..

Crasly do you know what part cman is talking about? It's the sprocket and the long thing. The sprocket has bearings in it that you can't take out. Id need that whole piece. Pain huh. Would some nuber off the hub or a close up picture help to make sure everything fits?

Does your Komet Super look like this one?

http://www.nemontel.net/~gbradbury/komet.JPG

This one is only a 20 hole, but I'm sure everything else is the same as those with more holes. It feels pretty good, but if you were to take it apart to fix yours, you would probably want to make sure it was well lubed.

PS - Did you change your mind about the blue tires?

Yes just like that.
JT

What type of grease do you use?

Latest posts

Back