Kansas Rat Rodders Show us your stuff!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aka_locojoe said:
Yeah. Sorry to flood this thread.

Dont be sorry, its cool to see all of those in one place. I remember seeing most of them, here, there and in person. but like I said its neat to see them all in one place.

Thanks for the comments fellas.

Attic is not what it used to be.

Only bikes in the basement are the original Hollywood and the Stingray which are tucked under the stairs. Oh and this one
DSCF4607.JPG

Yeah when you have that many bikes you get a sense of humor. I only have a small shed so I only hoard....I mean collect Schwinns anything else is for sale. Except my Hawthorne..... :? ........and that Huffy.......and...... :mrgreen:

nothing as great as what you guys have. I just started so I hope many more to come . 1964 schwinn typhoon
0332.jpg
made in china bike I know some hate them but it was give to me so i fixed it up and is my favorite rider
0342.jpg
195? Hawthorne just got it so im still decideing what to do with it. I rebuilt the new departure model d hub and took off fenders and chain guard to see what it looked like and new seat
0352.jpg
Trek I ride on rails to trails and anything offroad
045.jpg
bbike001.jpg
long distance bike I rode last year in the Wicked wind 100 I did the 50 mile route. and lots of kids and wifes bikes

udallcustombikes said:
Ok, Pick- This is your thread, where are your bikes???

Waitin for my wife to leave so I can post them! :lol: :lol: I don't think she knows about them all! She never looks in the shed. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: Lucky for me!!!

pick said:
udallcustombikes said:
Ok, Pick- This is your thread, where are your bikes???

Waitin for my wife to leave so I can post them! :lol: :lol: I don't think she knows about them all! She never looks in the shed. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: Lucky for me!!!

I figured he was just waiting till we all post and then he was going to trump us all.

Here's some she does know about. The first one I built for her. bought it from Cameron.
greybike008.jpg

Then this 50's Higgins I bought from a farmers scrap pile, then ratted it out!
greybike006.jpg

Then my 2nd build which I have since given to my son. Western Flyer, I think.
greybike003.jpg

Then I bought this Murray Fleetline from Marty @ 10~18 Kustoms. One of my favorites
swapmeetbikes002.jpg

A little 24" I picked up @ the Midwest swap meet this year in Haysville. $25. BF Goodrich Sabre. Just cleaned it up & put new tires on it.
challenger.jpg

Then my RRBO6 entry Bad Apple - Spaceliner
finished011.jpg

Have a few more projects, I will post later. No way I can trump you guys!!!

aka_locojoe said:
udallcustombikes said:
Whatcha got in the box, Randy?

It's a secret. Trust me though it's nothing old or special.

Cranbrook parts bike?

Ok, here are some that we have ridden. There are alot of project bikes for the future that are not worth showing,yet.
This blue late 30s or early 40s skiptooth Western Flyer was my first bike as an adult, Ive had it for about 15 years, and I was happy with that one old bike. My bike addiction started about 7 or 8 years ago when I discovered the 1st Art of the Bike show here in ICT, which led me to the Thursday Night Pub Pedal and a great group of fun people that now call themselves the Coaster Bicycle Club, the rest is history.
bikes005.jpg

razor1.jpg
DSC00089.jpg
star1.jpg
artotbike08004.jpg
pedcar048.jpg
halloween08037.jpg
vwbus004.jpg
bft08009.jpg
078.jpg
081.jpg
001.jpg
newyork019.jpg
vwbus009.jpg
cardboard2.jpg
DSC00104.jpg
bikes002.jpg
bikes017.jpg
pedcar050.jpg
strlnr064.jpg
004-3.jpg
006.jpg

Well, those are my bikes of interest, IMO.
I hope someday to learn to weld so I can build some really cool bikes like the rest of you Kansas guys build.

Pick.... I think I hear your wife coming!!! quick... get those bikes back in the shed!!!

Dan... learn to weld? I couldnt imagine what you would come up with. You have built so many cool things without welding. Heck I think you can build a thermonuclear device using household tools a couple car tags and a GE toaster :mrgreen:

Best advice I can offer about welding.... hold the two pieces you want to join together real close to each other, then make some sparks.... if it sticks real good, then you have achieved success, if it dont stick together... make more sparks.

OK here are a few more. Projects for the future.

Hawthorne:
hawthorne001.jpg

39 Colson frame & fork purchased from a member on this forum. May possibly use this for RRBO7.
39colson.jpg

46 CWC with a monark springer. May use this one for RRBO7. Havin a hard time makin up my mind!
P8220046.jpg

50's Columbia project I'm building for my grandson.
jakesbikebuild005.jpg

& this tandem, don't know if I will proceed with this or not. Wrong cranks, wrong wheels, wrong sprockets, wrong grips, mismatched seats. I think the only thing correct is frame, forks & bars.
tandem001.jpg

Oh, and this!
bowden.jpg

JUST KIDDIN!!! :lol: :lol: (In my dreams!) :mrgreen:

udallcustombikes said:
Take that tandem and make a rear steer so you will fir in with the rest of the crowd

Thought about that, I kind of feel like an outcast with a regular tandem! :lol: :lol: :lol:

pick said:
udallcustombikes said:
Take that tandem and make a rear steer so you will fir in with the rest of the crowd

Thought about that, I kind of feel like an outcast with a regular tandem! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know the feeling, but I just cant bring myself to modify the BSA. I know where a Western Flyer tandem (Huffy Built like yours, only complete) That I may get to make my rear steer.

Back