Just scored a Western Flyer...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been repainted and I found a serial number 55X6458818, but I cannot find any info to decode the serial number. Can anyone help?

vnzxkbhy7rchjgzzcxdfyutrstr80i9y7t70-hyutfrdyoidszh001.jpg

vnzxkbhy7rchjgzzcxdfyutrstr80i9y7t70-hyutfrdyoidszh002.jpg
k hope this works i havent seen any of these bikes are they rare its a federal's jet fire

Bmason, The serial number for the yellow bike is not complete. Probably under the washer for the rear axle nut or under the brace mount. Please try to get the whole number and I can decode it for you. I would also like the serial number for the Federal too. I can tell you the year for the westernflyer also if you supply the first 7 digits. Kenny.

thank you sorry i took so long to reply the federal jet fire # m95020x92222231
the yellow ladies western flyer #cw55x6458818
the cosmic flyer #mow54x10510125
any idea what the value of the cosmic flyer or jey fire worth
the cosmic flyer is in great condition is that what makes the diff

thanks i appreciate it i havent seen one that nice iv looked everywhere
id like to get some idea of value
the other one is a federals jet fire

Federal Jet Fire
M= Murray
9 = 1969
5020 = model number update same as Murray Jet Fire, yours looks complete.
X92 = Federal (or the store that sold Federal badged bikes.)
222231 = sequential production number.

yellow westerflyer
Never seen a serial number from Murray start out like that one, but I believe....
W = year code update 1963
55 = model number same as Murray Solar Flite fully equipped missing tank on yours, but the tank mounting tab is still present.
X6 = this is not originally a western flyer. Will have to search my list for whom this is. update - Flying "O" Otasco
458818 = sequential production number.

cosmic flyer
mo = Murray ohio
W = year code update 1963
54 = model number update same as Murray Solar Flite (completely equipped)
X10 = Western Auto stores
510125 = sequential production number.

My computer and internet is down and we be a few more days at least. Don't have access to other info at the moment. Once I get back on line, I will update this posting. Hope I helped, Kenny.

wow thats great thank you for takeing the time to do that for me it says alot about you thank you very much

30thtbird,
Thanks for posting the Murray info. I just picked up a Jet Fire and it happened to have come off the line just 6 bikes before the original poster's bike. So I was able to find out the date of manufacture from your response.

Love this site.

Dave

Back