just picked up this trojan super (NEW PICS!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: just picked up this trojan super

NICE! those shockmaster front ends are like riding on a cloud :D. our member rms37 is a genius on cwc frames. he can dial you in on every angle of this bute. maybe he'll chime in

trojansuperbicycle008.jpg

Nice

thanks for posting the picture , I am a bit rusty so i just posted the link . it does ride like a charm...weird thing i noticed when taking off the tank, its dark maroon underneath, so I dont know if its faded or they resprayed it a pinkish red. Im going to steal a set of ww tires off another bike I have, and stick them on it....it has a bendix rear hub, and the coaster brake does not work at all.......just backpedals and keeps going.....I am hoping its just dried up grease and i can clean and regrease it and it will be ok. I have never had one apart....I did take the seat apart and clean the rust off and repaint all the metal black.( it has a cracked springer frame on the seat that I need to reweld.)........but other than that, im going to just clean the bike up as well as I can and wax the living crap out of it...Any Idea what year it was made? It does say AMF on it.......so im guessing mid 50s? but its skiptooth chain....so i really dont have any idea....thanks for any info anyone can provide....I can't really find any info on the bike on the internet...or pictures

You may have a missing or broken anti-reversion spring (called a retarder on Bendix diagrams) on the drive "clutch"/brake expander, but it could just be gummed up or stretched (fixable). Here's the breakdown- http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h283/ ... dix_RB.jpg

well the brakes worked the other night when i brought it home and rode it around the block, but they dont now, so im guessing gummed up, stretched or broken, but not missing........thanks for the link.......I will have to try to get into it tomorrow and see whats up....pedals are binding as well...I am thinking the whole bike needs a good cleaning and regreasing anyway.....

Man...for me the name says it all...SUPER!...she's a beauty! Skywriter gets an extra piece of raisin pie :shock: !

well the hub was caked with dry grease....it was like tar.i kept soaking it with brake cleaner and scrubbing all the components till they looked shiny new again......I repacked everything with new grease and when I cycle the sprocket back it seems to work great....and it isnt making any grating noises anymore..so i went ahead and did the front hub too .I painted all the seat components black and put it all back together...I am mounting a set of w/w tires and cleaning the crud off the bike as I go........she should be done by tomorrow night

Back