Just got my first cruiser -- Electra Coaster 3i

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked her up on the way home from work...hooked up the kid carrier...took the setup for a spin. So far so good...great smooth ridin' bike. Now I can't wait to add fenders, new grips and anything else to make it more custom! Pics below...

P1030928.jpg

P1030929.jpg

P1030931.jpg

Congrats on your first cruiser! You picked a nice one. The only problems I see are that you'll probably end up wanting at least one more Electra, and all the cool old cruisers just won't seem to fit and feel as nice to ride. :wink: 8)

I may be a little biased, though. I've got two Electra cruisers(three if you count my wife's), and my Dad's got two(three if you count my mom's). Love Electras!

Welcome to the party , i see you all ready have a trailer too :!:

Yeah,..... I guess it wouldn't look right pulling that trailer with a Boney, so looks like you made a good choice with a classic looking rig!

Enjoy it, and don't ever forget to ride!

blacksheep said:
Congrats on your first cruiser! You picked a nice one. The only problems I see are that you'll probably end up wanting at least one more Electra, and all the cool old cruisers just won't seem to fit and feel as nice to ride. :wink: 8)

I may be a little biased, though. I've got two Electra cruisers(three if you count my wife's), and my Dad's got two(three if you count my mom's). Love Electras!

Boy, you ain't kiddin'! I love my old Schwinns, but man, do they feel lacking after riding my Electra! :?

Enjoy your new ride! 8)

I freakin love my Electra Vince 3i. :D
I'm sure you'll love your Coaster 3i too!!
Any plans on a wee bit 'o' customization?

GameBent said:

Yeah I want to do some customization, but not sure where to start. Any suggestions? What are the good websites for accessories and such? Are their any frame bags that will fit the Coaster bike? Looking for something to hold keys, wallet, etc.

McKinneyMagnum said:
GameBent said:

Yeah I want to do some customization, but not sure where to start. Any suggestions? What are the good websites for accessories and such? Are their any frame bags that will fit the Coaster bike? Looking for something to hold keys, wallet, etc.
I'd start with changing the seat and grips...add a saddle or handlebar bag...then fenders, maybe flat black or chrome ones....get a bullet light for the front... maybe lose the chainguard. Whitewalls would look good on that bike also.

That's a great looking bike so I'd have a hard time changing it up, however... :wink: if it were me...I'd change the pedals and grips for sure. Remove the reflectors (unless illegal in your area) and remove all decals/stickers, although I might keep the chainguard stickers. I kinda like those :D . I'd look at a small amount of pinstriping in RED. I might also change the stem to something more along the lines of a BMX stem. The seat I like unless it doesn't have a springs on the bottom (can't really tell from the pic) or if it's uncomfortable-ditch it! In fact if it does have springs and you're not interested in it, shoot me a PM, I might buy it off of you.
But really, your bike is very sharp the way it is! But yeah, i know..we gotta tinker, otherwise we wouldn't be here. 8)

StepChld said:
That's a great looking bike so I'd have a hard time changing it up, however... :wink: if it were me...I'd change the pedals and grips for sure. Remove the reflectors (unless illegal in your area) and remove all decals/stickers, although I might keep the chainguard stickers. I kinda like those :D . I'd look at a small amount of pinstriping in RED. I might also change the stem to something more along the lines of a BMX stem. The seat I like unless it doesn't have a springs on the bottom (can't really tell from the pic) or if it's uncomfortable-ditch it! In fact if it does have springs and you're not interested in it, shoot me a PM, I might buy it off of you.
But really, your bike is very sharp the way it is! But yeah, i know..we gotta tinker, otherwise we wouldn't be here. 8)

Where's a good place to get grips? I'm having trouble finding ones that are short/long to accommodate the Nexus gear shift. This is the stock seat (no springs) but looking to change that. Do the springs actually make for a better ride or are they merely cosmetic? Can I use any brand seat or does it need to be Electra? So many questions I know...LOL

Electra sells many short/long 3-speed grip sets. Of course, other companies do, too.

A seat with springs definitely rides better. It's suspension for your body. Most any brand cruiser seat will fit that seat post.

Rooski said:
Yeah,..... I guess it wouldn't look right pulling that trailer with a Boney, so looks like you made a good choice with a classic looking rig!

Enjoy it, and don't ever forget to ride!

Hey, I pull a trailer with a Boney! Of course it's light green, so it kinda matches....

McKinneyMagnum said:
StepChld said:

Where's a good place to get grips? I'm having trouble finding ones that are short/long to accommodate the Nexus gear shift. This is the stock seat (no springs) but looking to change that. Do the springs actually make for a better ride or are they merely cosmetic? Can I use any brand seat or does it need to be Electra? So many questions I know...LOL
I use these people lots
http://www.bikeworldusa.com/
Very quick and nice to deal with.
Haven't bought anything from these guys but they have a bigger stock, or so it seems.
http://www.niagaracycle.com/index.php
I just happen to like the looks of a springer seat and any seat will fit your bike. I have a Nirve on my Murray and had no "fitting" issues.
Are you from McKinney, Texas?

StepChld said:
McKinneyMagnum said:
StepChld said:

I use these people lots
http://www.bikeworldusa.com/
Very quick and nice to deal with.
Haven't bought anything from these guys but they have a bigger stock, or so it seems.
http://www.niagaracycle.com/index.php
I just happen to like the looks of a springer seat and any seat will fit your bike. I have a Nirve on my Murray and had no "fitting" issues.
Are you from McKinney, Texas?

Thanks for the links. I will see what I can find. Nirve has a couple of slick looking seats that I have seen so far.

Yep, McKinney (Stonebridge Ranch area). You?

Garland, not to far from you. Let me know if you need help. I'm more than willing to lend my meager knowledge. :wink:
I do enjoy my Nirve seat, very comfy! I need another for Black Betty though..her's is the original and quite painful! :shock: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18061&p=183008&hilit=black+betty#p183008

Congrats on your new ride!!! :mrgreen:

StepChld said:
Garland, not to far from you. Let me know if you need help. I'm more than willing to lend my meager knowledge. :wink:
I do enjoy my Nirve seat, very comfy! I need another for Black Betty though..her's is the original and quite painful! :shock: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18061&p=183008&hilit=black+betty#p183008

Very cool. I'll definitely let you know if I need any help once I get a chance to start tinkering.

Back