Just got a new toy.. Anyone into vintage campers?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this on on the local Craigslist and had payed cash for it with in 30 mins. It is a 1967 Cox Commander. I purchased it from the daughter of the original owner. It is mostly all original with a few added accesories such as the side table. It needs new matresses but thats nothing. Check out the hub caps I need to find some whitewalls for this now. Tell me what you think.
coxcommander1.jpg

coxcommander2.jpg

coxcommander3.jpg

coxcommander4.jpg

67cox4.jpg

I have a new Palomino tent trailer that has been lifted 4 inches. Pretty fun and the kids love it. We camp most every weekend in the summer.

My dad just bought some little Aluminum trailer, can't remember the name but it is from the late 50's early 60's.

i spent alot of weekends in pop ups and always had a blast !!! i know my grandpa went thru more than one, i do remember the last one he had was a shasta !!! :D

I saw that thing on Craigslist!! Is it as nice as it looks? Lots of good resources out there. Check vintagetrailersupply.com. Also check out a Vintage Trailer Jam (party) being held in Saratoga Springs NY. I went last year and am signed up this year. It was Great. There was not a single pop up there last year. If you went you would draw a crowd. I have pics somewhere of last year ..... yep: http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f283/ ... age%20Jam/

Here's my vintage camper:

1973 Airstream Overlander
0813081805a.jpg

And the one I have for sale, 1972 Airstream Argosy 22
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f283/ ... %20photos/

It really is as nice as it looks, Its absolutely beautiful and nearly flawless, The original bedding is missing so I'm going to try to make my own, as well as some privacy curtains. If you have any info on the vintage trailer event I would def. be interested in attending. I need to either buy an old c-10 like I want or figure out a way to tow this with our 67 Mustang.

Way cool, I used to help my neighbor fix up old trailers he'd pick up off CL to flip. Those things are fun!

My grandpa just contacted me a few days ago and wants me to sell his old pop tent trailer. It's got one wheel on the back that swivels, and has two tow hitches on the front. Slightly dangerous to tow if you don't know what your doing, but it's in primo shape as it's been stored in the garage since it was new.

My family had one just like it when I was a kid (late '60s-early '70s). It was as close to nature as you could get, and still be in a camper.

If it was cold outside, it was cold in the camper (and yes, it did have a heater). If it was hot outside, it was hot in the camper. If it rained outside, it rained in the camper. I'm not sure why we didn't just sleep on the ground. :wink:

I have a 1970 Appleby pop up camper I pull with my 1969 VW Single Cab Pickup. We can be found at music festivals, VW campouts & shows around the midwest. Here is a pic. at one of the Bustoberfests that even has my 1971 Stingray in it.
marty-appleby1.jpg

Man Clancy your dads trailer looks cool. I bought a 19 foot last thursday and the wife and I are going to start making some runs around our hill country for a while. Lots of cool streams and state parks. Gonna put my bikes up for a while.

trailer001.jpg

Uncle, those are a nice size and tow great with the tandem axle. Maybe now I can get a bike or two up on you.

vintage campers are way cool! saw a highly polished, restored airstream 'bambi' going down the road behind a new acura suv last year. pretty deluxe little setup!! i have neither the time or space for a 'real' camper but at least this keeps me off the ground- on the road to my happy place last fall :)

DSC01333.jpg

DSC01336.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

maddogrider said:
Is that a Martin guitar sittin on that chair?

art & lutherie- 'budget' canadian guitar from godin guitars. the harder you hit it the better it sounds. best $189 i ever spent- lost money buying and then selling a baby taylor first, and it was still worth it in the end :D

My Mother has a photo gallery of campers they have owned here. It also includes photos of unique campers they've spotted while traveling. now that I'm writing this I recall posting this before and someone here spotted their own camper in one of my Mothers photos.

This was at the UCM museum in Louisiana.
tammany%20062.jpg

Back