Just Another CCM From HotRodRob

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found my unicorn and nothing jinxed me. I thought for sure someone or something would ruin this one for me but it didn't. 1937 CCM Flyte. To me, this is the 32 Ford of CCM's. So now I have one. It needs full resto including some frame welding due to a crack. I don't think the fenders are correct. It has Torrington bars though! I think this will probably eventually get a proper restoration but for now will be as hotroddy as possible. That should drive the purists nuts eh? Well heres some pics. Enjoy

Bikes5208.jpg

Bikes5209.jpg

Bikes5210.jpg

Bikes5212.jpg

Bikes5213.jpg

Bikes5214.jpg

Bikes5211.jpg

And finally, the happy new owner with his baby

Bikes5216.jpg

Those forks are AWESOME :shock: Looptail rear too :shock: Nice score 8)

Wild looking forks & overall bike! Have you ridden it? If so, does it feel any different to ride then a 'normal' fork?

Congrats!!
Rick

WooHoo! :lol: It ain`t all correct, but that can be remedied! I`m :mrgreen: green :mrgreen: with envy...Good score Brother!

The CCM Flyte is the Canadian holy grail of bikes, like the Elgin Bluebird in the USA. They were only produced a few years, never big sellers as they were higher priced then other bikes, that and the fact it was the dirty thirties. Trust me, I am green with envy here :mrgreen: Great score HotRodRob! The link below will provide a bit more info for those interested.

http://www.ccmflyte.com/

Thanks for all the great comments. It is residing in my living room as we speak and I just can't stop looking at it. Hmmm, build off bike? Nah, I never finish my build off bikes. It deserves better than that. :D I feel extremely lucky finding this bike and promise to give it a new FUN life :lol:

carvingbike said:
Wild looking forks & overall bike! Have you ridden it? If so, does it feel any different to ride then a 'normal' fork?

Let me open mouth without actually knowing anything and say it's probably no different at all from a normal fork. The axle is directly below the steer tube where a straight fork would locate it, so my guess would be you could add stright bars down to the axle (not that you'd want to) making it into a "normal" fork with no difference in ride. I'm betting there is some suspension involved in the bent tube unless it is super stiff.

yoothgeye said:
carvingbike said:

Let me open mouth without actually knowing anything and say it's probably no different at all from a normal fork. The axle is directly below the steer tube where a straight fork would locate it, so my guess would be you could add stright bars down to the axle (not that you'd want to) making it into a "normal" fork with no difference in ride. I'm betting there is some suspension involved in the bent tube unless it is super stiff.

I haven't ridden it. It needs tires and plus the seat tube is cracked near the bottom, so I wouldn't even try it til thats fixed. Supposedly they designed the fork and the rear loop frame to absorb bumps, so my guess is, that is why the seat tube cracked. I believe they did offer this frame later on in production with just a truss rod style fork, but who would want that? :wink:

The bike was awesome in person, so was the Sleeman Original Draught! :D Oh yeah the bars and bent springer have been talked about over a few Coldie Hawns here with the neighbour as well. Thanks again Rob, goodtimes!

Yeah I want it. lol Thats one of my really wanted bikes too. lol

I saw one of these when I was 19 (I think). It was owned by a guy near me who collected and sold tons of rare bikes. I bought my first skiptooth straightbar Schwinn from him for $100. He had one building for the bulk of his bikes. But he had a smaller building for his favorites. It was filled with krates and rays and old heavyweights (all original and at least near mint). But he had one of these and I was so crazy about it. But he wanted so much money and it was so mint. Being 19 i barely had money for gas (much like today). So it stayed there and I got to see it several more times but I've always wanted one.

Back