Junkyard Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad had the day off from work today so he decided to check out the junkyard while I was in school. He took some pictures of some of the bicycles that were there. Hopefully, we will come back there will a truckload. :lol:

DSC03440.jpg

DSC03445.jpg

DSC03446.jpg

DSC03447.jpg

DSC03448.jpg

DSC03449.jpg

DSC03450.jpg

DSC03451.jpg

PM me about this yard, is it open to the public? I don't want to swipe the bikes, just to go there and do some photography. My wife and I love photographing junkyards, its a rare open one with old tin...

i have never seen a bike with such a big fork thats cool and i love that 56 caddilac :shock: :D
DSC03448.jpg
:D :shock:

Nice bikes, but dang looks like there's some good old cars there. That's a clean Chevy next to that VW Van.

O.K, I totally get that detroit is car mecca but seriously? Look at that line-up from the 50's!!!! Cadillac, Buick, Pontiac, even a 55 chevy! You just dont see that in boneyards here folks. The few that I have found have been sunk to the door-sills in the dirt pushing weeds out the floorboards. You need to get yourself a rat rod car to haul them rat rod bikes in! :wink: :mrgreen:
Rick

heck! id take that grey Pontiac Chief over a bike any day! wow! :mrgreen:

Now I remember where I got my "starcruiser" frame from. This thread jogged my memory. As a youngster, back in the 70's, I would collect old schwinnn frames whereever I found them. My friend's family owned the oldest junkyard in town, most of the cars were 40's and 50's. They stopped taking in cars in the 70's, so their huge junkyard was filled with cars like those in this thread. Hundreds of them. This one old black bike frame sat on top of a scrap pile for years, my friend offered it to me, and I ignored it, thinking it was just a cheap frame. One day, I went ahead and took it home, and there it sat for 20 years in my pile of frames, until the space bike buildoff.
2dumb5w.jpg

I say... go an offer him $75 for all. :wink: You never know! My dream car rusting away at the right...

DSC03440.jpg

alot of the scrapyards here in Indiana are gettin hit hard by the economic problems. Some have shut down all together...he just might take $75......might as well try!!! :mrgreen:

Wow!!

Amazing, isn't it, the things some people think are garbage?

Back