Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 8/08 DONE! link to pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 5/30 taillight

So my wife came home from a flea market with this. She said “Here, you like old brass things” I was like “What is it?”, then it hit me…

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

It will work fine with a little paint, spit, and polish.

Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 6/6 details, details

That headlight is OFF THE CHAIN! Very nice work...loving this build.

YES! I was reading through your last few posts, and thought "wow, cool tail light"... then scrolled some more and saw the egg, then the egg in half, then the light stuffed into the half egg, then the SICK headlight on the front of your bike, then I had to pick my jaw up off the keyboard!!!!!

A sub-catagory win for best headlight!!

Great progress!
- Best looking Next seat ever!
- Nice mounting and routing for tail light
- You wife has a great eye. That egg headlight is WICKED!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about the guys that are finishing early. Build at your own pace and HAVE FUN!!!!

Hard to say, but vote wise it may be better to wrap up near the end, that way your work is fresher in peoples mind.

Great praise coming from guys I admire! My wife does NOT have an eye! Trust me, for every brass egg she buys, she buys ten brass ducks (or pigs or rabbits, etc.) She knows I like brass and old things but she doesn't cull much... Maybe one day I'll use them all to build a Noah's bike... Serendipity, Noah is my dad's name...

As far as best headlight, I didn't really plan it, it was just meant to be... I'd rather be lucky than good.

Thanks, Rg

great minds think alike just the other day I was playing with the idea of a bmx seat an that head light is awesome

It looks like a major award to me!!!!!

That brass egg is crazy nice! How perfect it is the right size! Bike is beautiful sir!! Where will the wiring end up?

Oneuglybike said:
That brass egg is crazy nice! How perfect it is the right size! Bike is beautiful sir!! Where will the wiring end up?

Thanks! When I showed it to my wife you would have thought she built it! :roll:

The wiring that is sticking up will go to a switch to turn on the rear light. I also have to finish the wiring for the switch to the front light. Choosing the right switches to use is holding me up right now. I was going to hide the switches under the seat, but decided not to.

Rg

Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 6/6 details, details

That headlight is amazerful!

Latest posts

Back