July 14 So Cal Rat Rod Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwm

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yes folks, the now world famous So Cal Rat Rod Ride meets once again in scenic Huntington Beach California. But before we get into the details, here's a clip from our last outing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTCXod-K ... re=related

As you can see, we do have our share of fun on these little excursions. I look forward to seeing everybody on the 14th. This will be the first full-blown summer at the beach ride. Bring sunscreen, and watch out for distractions on the bike path. 8)

July 14, corner of Brookhurst St. and Atlanta Ave. Huntington Beach. (see map) Meet up around 11:00 am. Ride leaves around noon.

brkhstatlanta.jpg

A further note:
In addition to the regular hilarity on the July ride, we'll be discussing plans for the great August Blowout. I'll have a separate post up on the August ride later. The short version:
I have received an invitation from the City of La Habra Corn Festival Parade committee to enter a group of bikes in the parade. This takes place the first Saturday in August, which will be the 4th. In addition to the parade ride, I've spoken to the activities director at the Park Regency Retirement home. They would like to have us come by after the parade for a reception. We'll be bringing the bikes into the patio, and possibly having some of the seniors pose for photos with the bikes. (Those with good cameras gimme a holler!) After that comes the party at Mary's and my house. We'll even have potato chips.

JWM

Have fun guys. I'm using my last vacation day of the year on next month's parade ride, so I gotta skip on this one. Can't keep calling in sick all of the time, unfortunately. :-(

I'd like to do Newport this time. I'll check the surf report that morning- if there's a swell we could ride down to the Wedge- best show in the southland when it's on. If not, then just the regular tour de babes down to Balboa. :shock: I'll bring the chopper out this time. (I've been into punishment lately) And we can check a different spot for lunch, too.

John M

We had a light turnout for this months ride. Welcome Troy. Weather was overcast, but perfectly not too hot, or cold, or windy, and we didn't have a tornado, or an earthquake either. It was a slow, mellow cruise with good people, cool bikes, and fat sandwiches at Big Belly Deli. Life is good, eh?
Here's a couple of pics:

DSCF0585.JPG

DSCF0584.JPG

DSCF0583.JPG

DSCF0579.JPG

I'll be starting on the RSVP list for the August parade ride. Update and info later tonight, or tomorrow.

JWM

Good morning everyone, the wife and I appologize for not making it yesturday! we had family come in out of town so we could not make the ride. We will be on the next one for sure. Looks like you all had fun. Nice chopper John.

Nice rides there California! 8)

Back