Jordaan, Amsterdam

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My street, to the left & to the right. Hope it is enough to get an idea.

richtingBrouwersgracht.jpg

richtingLijnbaansgracht.jpg

Here are some more pictures, most of it is fifteen minutes or less by bike from my place.
As you can see, there are still some very nice spots in our town.
Sorry, no more tall skinny buildings. But I have my camera with me most of the time, so maybe later.

ophaalbrug.jpg

Buurtboerderij.jpg

molenHaarlemmerweg.jpg

Leliegracht.jpg

KrommeWaal.jpg

Grasparkieten.jpg

Storkpoort.jpg

StorkB.jpg

StorkA.jpg

pandmetplantjesSloten.jpg

Mini vacations of about half an hour, mostly on the way back from a job.
I know, every foreigner here wants to see windmills. And so do I.
Those are big Parakeets, former pets, and breeding. There are about 2000 in Amsterdam now, even the Magpies can't get near the food. Here is a picture, yes it's them:
http://gespot.at5.nl/2007/07/04/747/
And if anyone wants to know:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose-ringed_Parakeet
Here is someone I met on the balcony last Saturday:
Sprinkhaan.jpg

Enough for now, back to work.

Whats the chance you can post a close-up a pic of that graffiti on the white wall?
If you just want to send me a link, im OK with that. Im kindof a street art afficinado here...

C.S. said:
My street, to the left & to the right. Hope it is enough to get an idea.

richtingBrouwersgracht.jpg

I also noticed- at the top of most of the buildings pictued above. There is a beam/hook at the top center of the building. Whats that all about?

Hey CS, living in America we see old but not that old buildings. Old to us is like in the 1800's. How old are some of the buildings there? Like houses, churches, etc.

That is too cool.

I think the hook is how they lift things into the higher floors. You know, like pianos and stuff.

I really like my city, but dang Amsterdam looks cool, and I heard they have a look of dutch women there too. :wink:

Parrots?
Grasparkieten.jpg

Larry said:
I really like my city, but dang Amsterdam looks cool, and I heard they have a look of dutch women there too. :wink:

Parrots?
Grasparkieten.jpg

i dont know what they are but we got a ton of them here also

Back