jolly rancher trike (now with video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: jolly rancher trike

Nice work so far! Is that rear piece going to cover the rear wheels?that would be sick.Keep the updates coming.
-kreep-

Thanks guys for the positive comments.
Hey Kreep, that sounds like a cool idea, but won't work well with a trike. The wheel pulls off from the side instead of the bottom like a traditional bike. Can you imagine how much it would suck if you had to change a flat. I will be trying a fender build though. That will be in future photos.

FordCortinaMk14DoorWithSpats.jpg

Picture borrowed to show skirts-not mine.

Here comes the Jolly Rancher.
House of Kolor lime green Kandy coated goodness.

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

Thanks all.
Sorry haven't posted in a while. Been busy. RRB 5 has some really amazing bikes that put mine to shame. But gotta finish what I started. So next step.
Stop and go.

Had to alter a SA 5 speed hub. Added chainring.

5speed.jpg

gear.jpg

sprock.jpg

The shifter although not finished out.

shifter.jpg

My first wheel lace with SA drum brake.

frontJPG.jpg

Been away for a while. Worked more on my trunk. Going to create some locking hatches on the panels. This is the rough draft.

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

Sweet build, can't wait to see it all together. what are you thinking as far as the bed goes? same color as the bike? Graphics?

Thanks outskirts. I am planning on painting the trunk the same color, but with 2 fat golden race car stripes down the back with some simple pin striping.

Anything happnin' withthis project?Was looking forward to seeing that rear end finished up.
-Kreep-

Hey Kreep,
Work and school took over my life the lasts three months.
I am still pickin away at the trunk. I have the latches and locks in and am working on the fenders.
I will take some pics and post this weekend.
Everyday I keep thinking about my trike and can't wait to ride it.
Thanks for staying interested.
Corn

Back