JerzShorePicker (newbie)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey fellas, new to the group. i've been recently getting into working on bikes and this site is going to be much helpfull...

this is my newest project, just found this in the garbage today, if anybody could tell me some info about it it would be greatly appreciated...
2010-11-29_15-52-46_141.jpg

2010-11-29_16-08-45_937.jpg

2010-11-29_16-09-08_696.jpg

this was my first project, another garbage find
0401101710.jpg

JerzShorePicker

Hello and welcome from California! 8)
And about your bike, if that Higgins was in the trash, you have better garbage than I do!!!!!!!! :lol:

Finding a Schwinn in the dumpster behind our shop is what got me started in this wonderful hobby, and now we are both part of the absolute best forum (on any subject, not just bike forums) I’ve ever seen!

thanks for the welcomes gents...

it also helps that im a garbage man for my town so i get to find some sweet treasures, lol

would anybody know if this is considered a childs bike, its lower and shorter also if its a lower end model? i haven't yet found any exact one on the net and the ones i am finding are lil more flashy and more have more accessories on them...

JerzShorePicker

i did find the Higgins in the garbage but not quite at the curb, like i mentioned i'm a garbage man for my town and i was in our recycling yard where people come to throw stuff away. i just happed to see the springer front sticking out of the 32 yarder mixed metal container, so i climbed up to check it out and thats what i found. i started freakin out and pulled it out of the container and took it home like a new born baby...

JerzShorePickr

sweet find ! wish i could find one at a good price :| let alone for free !!! :?
OOH YAH WELCOME ABOARD ! :lol:

thanks again...

working on the Higgins a lil today in the chilly wind, lol. inflated the tires, tubes and tires are holding strong. removed tank and hoping the horn still works. i have the serial number is there any way of looking it up?

JerzShorePicker

JerzShorePicker said:
thanks again...

working on the Higgins a lil today in the chilly wind, lol. inflated the tires, tubes and tires are holding strong. removed tank and hoping the horn still works. i have the serial number is there any way of looking it up?

JerzShorePicker

hiya from a former nj'er
the serial #s for the jc higgens arent really catologed liked the schwinns were :/

i'm sure theres plenty o' dumpster goodness in the city. did you happen to catch this weeks American Picker when they were in S.I. at that storage warehouse?

JerzShorePicker

Back