Jersey Devils B.C. - We're official!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jersey Devils B.C. - who's in?

Bigcam59 said:
hmmm...
devil-1.jpg

something like this? 8)
Looking good.

That Logo would look cool on a T-Shirt.

My only question is...Wadaya need a lawyer for?

As little as I know,as long as you're not making any money off your Tillie pic then theres no copyrite infingment.

MagicRat said:
My only question is...Wadaya need a lawyer for?

As little as I know,as long as you're not making any money off your Tillie pic then theres no copyrite infingment.
well there's this hockey team that has the same name...
which reminds me of a joke- Why does NJ have the most toxic waste and California have the most lawyers?
NJ got to pick first :D

Looks Good ^

The legend of THE Jersey Devil has been in Pine Barren folk lore for hundreds of years.

Now really...Whats the NHL gonna do?

Its NOT like you're selling bootleg Devils tee shirts outa the trunk of your car outside a hockey game.

What are they gonna do?

Tear the patch off your back?

The NHL has got an intern attorney assigned to these kinds of cases, so i'm sure it's just a formality to get the approval.

After all, we're only using two words fer cryin' out loud.

It'll be kinda cool to get some email or letter from them citing the club and all that leagl mumbo jumbo assuring that we don't step on the NHL's toes. Should be good for a laugh or two.

Speaking of the REAL Jersey Devil, back in the '70s, we used to cruise into the pine barrons to hang out, drink, and basically act like teenagers. One time we hooked up with some friends of our freinds who lived down that area. So we're down there in the pitch black of night, driving around, and the local dude starts telling the story of being in the back of his house when he hears a rustling on his roof. he looks up and sees this large 'thing' flapping its wings. Startled, it takes off into the air. he never did know what it was.

Man that story was the best good scare a kid could have. Like it was yesterday.

Spin

Tell that NHL upstart mouthpiece to take a hike.

Its not like you're using the Devils logo.

Its a modified Tillie and the WORD Jersey Devils.

I think you worry too much...I would just DO IT and say SCREW IT.

spinman said:
Final patch image approved:

he got punched out in a bar fight.

jd1.jpg

@ Bighit:
SICK!! This is exactly what I meant!! And the missing tooth is a GREAT touch. The only thing that I'd done differently is the red background... Maybe a white outline around the head will set it off. And maybe, MAYBE.. also use the lettering colors of the original mural. But this is looking sooo good as is.
8)

Just got a message from Spinman. The NHL says it's cool to use the name. :D

bighit said:
We are passing on the tooth. there is a rat rod club in NJ that did a busted up Tilly with a brown tooth, Garage goons.
That's fine. Don't want to step on peoples toes.
Great news about the NHL thing.

Back