Jeff Gordon test driive....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still want to know if that is really legit.

Something about it all seems too perfect to have been a hidden camera deal.

Still funny though. :lol:

Rat Rod said:

I too wonder about these things, but the salesman seemed legitimately scared, most actors couldn't pull off his level of emotion.

Rat Rod said:

No way, the shot from the curb when he passes the guy through the puddle, and how many dealership sports cars have a janky looking cup holders in the center of the dash for setting your camera can at the perfect angle. Still very amusing but as real as everything else on TV :mrgreen:

I was wondering about the liability if there was a crash. I would bet money that Pepsi would not let themselves be associated with the whole mess if there was a chance something might go wrong.

The more you watch it, the more it feels staged. :lol:

I guess that's the way it's done these days though...working hard to create a fake reality effect. :lol:

Right, it had to be staged. How would they know the salesman wouldn't grab the wheel?

I'd still be freaked out even if I knew it was Jeff Gordon...if you watch NASCAR you know he can't drive.

As far as it being staged I think they had the dealership in on it but left the salesman out of the loop, that was either genuine fear or he deserves an academy award for acting.

outskirtscustoms said:
I'd still be freaked out even if I knew it was Jeff Gordon...if you watch NASCAR you know he can't drive.

As far as it being staged I think they had the dealership in on it but left the salesman out of the loop, that was either genuine fear or he deserves an academy award for acting.

Read the link above, 100% manufactured. The actor playing the salesman was good.

outskirtscustoms said:

Jeff Gordon's a great driver! He won FOUR championships...not too bad if you ask me! :mrgreen:

Let me guess...your a Kyle Bush fan? :lol:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Jeff Gordon's a great driver! He won FOUR championships...not too bad if you ask me! :mrgreen:

I was a Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Richard Petty fan. They both had 7 championships! Since Sr. passed and the KING retired I haven't watched Nascar as much as I used to (Not really anybody that stands out as good anymore) but I'm an Dale Earnhardt Jr. fan. Seems Jr. Just doesn't have the lead foot, steel nerves, and kamikaze attitude his daddy had though.

outskirtscustoms said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
outskirtscustoms said:

I was a Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Richard Petty fan. They both had 7 championships! Since Sr. passed and the KING retired I haven't watched Nascar as much as I used to (Not really anybody that stands out as good anymore) but I'm an Dale Earnhardt Jr. fan. Seems Jr. Just doesn't have the lead foot, steel nerves, and kamikaze attitude his daddy had though.

Nice....Junior's my guy...I have signed pieces of his car and some pictures :D Seems like you'd like the whole Hendrick team :mrgreen:

I was joking about the Bush thing...he is my least favorite driver :lol:

Back