JC higgins what year range?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2011-04-12_09-14-52_20.jpg

2011-04-12_09-14-43_891.jpg

IT'S AMAZING HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE LOOKED AT YOUR POST WITH NOT A HINT OF A IDEA OF WHAT YEAR YOUR BIKE IS. I GOING TO GO OUT ON A LIMB AND SAY MAYBE MID 1950'S I HAVE A FEW HIGGINS MYSELF THAT LOOK CLOSE TO YOURS DONT FEEL BAD IT SEEMS IN LESS YOU HAVE A 20 INCH SCHWINN PIXIE WITH A BANANA SEAT AND APE HANGERS YOU DONT GET A LOT OF FEED BACK ON INFO I POSTED A OLD WOODEN WHEEL SIMMONS JUST THE OTHER DAY FOR SOME INFO AND GOT NOTHING YOU MIGHT TRY THE C.A.B.E. IF YOU GET NOTHING HERE..... :?

the frame appears to be a JCH, but theres a lot of things goin' wrong here.
the fork is wrong for an early 50s. it should be a blade style.
the chainring? doesnt look rite.
the rims look 50s or 60s, but reflectors? i think not.
it's a mutt. nothin' wrong with that. it's perfect for a rat bike custom :D

unless it had a custom paint job id say the forks are og im thinking late to mid 50's on the frame/fork
as for the fenders and rims im going out on a limb and saying they are also OG but i agree on the sprocket possibly being monark or another build.
thanks so far.

looks 1950's to me too, I have the mini version of that. It would have originally been painted similar to this for reference.

JCHiggins20in.jpg

It's a Monark built JCH, likely from 52-56. It should have an aluminum plate riveted to the BB. If you can make out the serial #, it can be dated if it's 54 or older.-Adam

martimagico said:
okay more info.....
the bottom bracket is stamped "WC57"
im thinking westfield columbia??
Westfield made very few JC Higgins bikes. An earlier one would have a second bar that's almost straight. Later ones like the one in the S/S 1960 cat has their canti frame, where the separate canti bars go all the way to the rear frame stays. Yours is definitely Monark made despite not having the ID plate.

this JC higgins will be for sale soon, unfortunately it needs a repair at the seatmast and seat stay junction braze.
other than that it is all original

Latest posts

Back