JC Higgins girls ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stelber was a NY company, they imported bikes from Steyr/Daimler/Puch in Europe. As far as I've been able to figure, Murray was building a new factory in 1956, so Sears needed a fill in supplier. So they ended up with these odd Euro cruisers. Stelber also had their own badge, and later created Iverson bikes, which were mostly CBC/Ross, also out of NY.
Thank you for that, I happen to have what we beleave is a Steblar looptail on its way I me now.
I appreciate the info. It's a nice ride, but man is it a tank... I'll prolly put it on alloys and keep the wheel...
Would you think this would be a Steblar?
P1190786-1.JPG

It's in my if you had to choose just two thread.
Thank you for looking in advance. The guard seems to be wrong but I'm happy with it.
Cheers any information is greatly appreciated

I think you're right about the guard. It doesn't line up with the cranks. Even if those weren't the original cranks, it still isn't lined up with the center of the bb. It can't go any further back, as the dropout won't allow it. It looks like a JC Higgins guard.
I think that's a Stelber.

It'll be solved...;) a little "fitting" it'll look nice centered with a slight split keep the band parallel w the stay... I'm excited it really looks like a fun bike..

Back