JC Higgins 3 speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home with this freebie JC Higgins womens 3 speed, Found in the rafters of an old barn, it had a male mate, but the gentleman didnt want to let go of the mens bike :cry:

I have no clue as to how old it is, there is no model name anywhere on it. any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Image-42.jpg

Image-43.jpg

Image-44.jpg

It was made before 1963. That's when the JC Higgins name was dropped and became Sears. There might be a year on the rear hub, in 2 digits.

cool! i will look on the hub and see if there are any numbers! thanks for the info!!

hey guys i like your bikes.Jsheetz i dig the headlight on yours.
what will you guys do with these??
i have a ladies bike myself but its a montgomery Ward,but dont know what to do with it.

I have started the deep cleaning on it, just need to get some tires and tubes, then I will try to sell it. and if that doesnt work i will start parting it out and selling it that way. I mainly restore older, single speed bikes, and typically part out all womens bikes i get, unless it is a rare bike.

I normally polish it up, try to sell it whole, if it doesn't sell in a week then all the parts are clean and i part it down

Nice find, get the mate to it! Check the rear hub to see if it is a Sturmey Archer if your looking for the 2 digit number. I'm not sure but if that Austrian made bike uses a Sachs hub you will have to check for a letter and use a chart to age it.

GL

the number on the hub is 50320 and the hub itself just says JC Higgins 3 speed.

The year would be a small 2 digit number, so your hub probably doesn't have it. I have a 63 Sears bike with the same chain guard, only black in color. So my best guess on year would be late 50's/early 60's.

I've got the male version of that same bike. If you decide to part it out, I'd certainly be interested in the rear fender and rack.......
lugged7.jpg

Back