Jazzy-Ray: Customer Feedback added!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's about 2 fabbed rollers or tiny pulleys spinning on small screws tapped into the frame. With the right tiny pulleys this would be slick they really only have to act as guides for the cable and not even spin. Two allow you to configure the s shape you need to make...

GLWTB
Carl.

How about opening up the bead in the fender, inserting a short length rod that will poke down and act as a guide. Or maybe instead of the rod, a long machine screw inserted into the fender lip with a small piece of tube which can server as a roller, retained by the head of the screw.
I used the bottom of the fender, but as a wedge point.

How's about 2 fabbed rollers or tiny pulleys spinning on small screws tapped into the frame. With the right tiny pulleys this would be slick they really only have to act as guides for the cable and not even spin. Two allow you to configure the s shape you need to make...
Thought about that, but didn't have pulleys, and don't have the time since the bike is "due".

What about fashioning some sort of bolt on or use a clip on cable guide using a bit of cable housing and position it where it would be hidden by the chainring?

Just brainstorming a clean solution, this thing is SO nice, the last thing you probably want is a 'rigged' look.
Cable housing is what I ended up with. As seen below, I took a small piece, put two ferrules on either end and wedged it under the fender edge. To secure it I used... *sigh* zip tie. I maybe should have used white, but I thought since it's on the tire line and right by the chain ring that maybe black would last better. Regardless, it works and let me finish the build.

8RbY57.jpg

Finished her up tonight. The pictures aren't in the sun because it was late and my friend was there to take it with him. I barely got to wipe it down! I did the tally, which I avoided for the Monster Ray, but now that I've done it for the Jazzy Ray it makes me a little ill. But he spent a lot on parts, but my labor was free. Here's the bike!!

efqm3w.jpg

EJR42l.jpg

1eiZUO.jpg

1e6FVt.jpg

NxbNfn.jpg

Last edited:
Nice...now wht's up for the MBBO#3...
Defending champs gotta build...

Carl.

Classy build as usual!!

That really look's nice "Crash" ,glad I could help you out with a few Parts .

~Rafael~

Looks great CRASH! Glad I could help with a part or two.

She is a very lucky girl!

Back