Japanese Rat: Fuji Folder

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so they opened up a branch in the US and are probably now made in China but play along...

Got this fuji folder... from the wife. she doesn't ride it after the handlebars flew off while she was riding.

fuji-01.jpg

fuji-03.jpg

not too bad of a concept. wanted a simple commuter for taking the bus since the bus company is down-grading the bike racks.

took it to the secret lab and stripped it down...

fuji-05.jpg

got some wide whites and black rims w/red spokes. simple coaster. added a new BB and...

fuji-06.jpg

now for losing the decals and that attention-getting red. added the obligatory NOS bottle.

fuji-07.jpg

Cranks are 168 Bridgestones (SR) that I hacked the top ring off of. found the right @ one bikeshop and the left @ another. Looks like a mag rim and the 40 tooth ring was the absolute biggest I could fit on it. kept the folding pedals...

fuji-08.jpg

Nothing screams class like perforated itialian leather...

fuji-09.jpg

Rides out OK but I'm gonna need a smaller sprocket on the back.

hope you liked it. I do.

cheers.

the seatpost keeps it from folding. the big worry is getting the handlebars tight enough. the wife lost it in front of a 3/4 ton van on our second date. since then I make sure that the connection is secure before riding.

cheers

I wonder if that would make a cool "Swing bike"?

Ideas gentleman ideas....

Later T

Back