Jackson Pollock Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
O.K. after 1/2 half can stripper then a little sand blasting My wife said "STOP that looks wild...I said HHhhmmm abstract.....we both looked at each other.....Jackson Pollock!. A photographer/ artist/ friend of mine came by and saw the frame "OH SHIrT Iv'e GOT to have that bike!, we picked out parts from my stash..and a can of high gloss clear, and Voila!--- Masterpiece!!....yes I have a chain couldn't resist shooting it to post :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
NOT like Pollock I was sober....
LIKE Pollock I'll probably put a big basket on it to carry a case of FAT TIRE
8) 8) :mrgreen:

JACKSONPOLLACK-BIKE.jpg
:mrgreen:

Looks very nice...I've got a chainguard from some old no-name bike owned by a crazy old man who painted it many times. I sanded it to try to reveal all the colors & it has a similar look.
In the movie, Pollack really needed a basket, bad. I think about that scene all the time--fortunately, my Typhoon is equipped to haul 2 cases at a time. :mrgreen:
BTW, where'd that sprocket come from? I have one like it on an old Triumph (Raliegh) roadster--I really like the looks of them.

Another great rendition of "What is a Rat?"

This follows my motto of "leave well enough, alone."

The bigger picture

here a bigger pic.. I have to change the front sprocket its from Worksman and does not match regular chain :|

1a-1.jpg
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

first post, left photo, second down.
Is that a can opener? i cant figure out where its mounted on the finished bike...
?

tomb said:
first post, left photo, second down.
Is that a can opener? i cant figure out where its mounted on the finished bike...
?

I bet it holds the bottom of the rear fender.

It looks like it actually connects the fender to the frame back where a set of caliper rear brakes would normally be installed.

Very creative way of attaching the fender if that's the case.

Rat Rod said:
It looks like it actually connects the fender to the frame back where a set of caliper rear brakes would normally be installed.

Very creative way of attaching the fender if that's the case.

That's what I thought it was....and I second that "Creative Comment" Rat Rod.

great Idea for a Mount if a Fender Hole is all Knarley and chewed up
from years of Bouncing.

Or better yet a great way to illiminate the Rear fender Strutts.
This mount that Outsider shows is VERY STRONG and would do-away
with the need for Busy looking Fender Strutts.

fender mount

YES its the rear fender mount :shock: :mrgreen:
after seeing 300... I figured iff, they can make thier own swords I can make my own fender mount [all the LBS were closed] I found the right size cut to length heated up w/ torch and went at it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FENDER.jpg

Its a full front fender and had a slot hole I didn't wan to show
I also notched it for the chain

Thanks for clearing that up. VERY slick!

Thanks for clearing that up. VERY slick!

up date

Took it for an evening ride at the beach--sunset cruise-- priceless 8) 8)

the tires are 26x2.300 really fat, nice round tread, tires called Fatso. the bike stands a little too tall for me iff It wasn't already sold I'd probably lower the frame down :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I still don't care for schwinn style springers too much pogo..and ofcourse the bars are HARLEY D. 8) 8)

POLLOCKUPDATE.jpg

Latest posts

Back