Iverson Kustom Dragger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i put some sturdier wheels on to roll it around. found a seat, not sure what its off of but it will be stripped, cut stretched, and reshaped to match the original and then it'll be covered in yellow and black tuck-and-rolled leather with the matching headrest.

threw a mag on and some old mtb bars to see what it would look like. i ordered some flatbars from work and i have a set of star mags on the way. . . not the originals but very, very close!

ive also got an original fork and chainguard on the way. and it's gonna be a little bit brighter than the color ad. since its an "out there" barris bike it's going to be neon yellow! that's it for now.

getting a few steps closer. i got some wheels that are "close enough for me" to the originals. i need to change the mounts for the chainguard to match the earlier iverson style. now i just have to finish the seat and make some sissy bars and i can break everything down and get to business.

ive decided to use this bike for a Herbie the Lovebug project so it's on the backburner. i bought an original 68 iverson charger and will be using it for this build. i got a goodyear grasshopper slick on ebay and a sissybar from raleighron and moved the shorty bars over. i stripped and refinished the lester mags. i bought a set of composit acorn mags but they ended up being way too flexible and the rear wheel had cracks in the hub so i couldn't use them. so these mags don't match the original but they'll have to do. now i just need to finish fabbing the seat and strip everything and paint!

Came out looking good. I always wondered how it ended. :D

Both of those turned out incredible cool!!!!!

I think Smoopy may have been channeling those ads when he made the seat for Scooby Snack
020-1-1.jpg

Turned out great! :D

Back