it's tax time......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

im' gunna buy a new T.V. been looking... tell me what you got.
thinking about this one.
0060958512341_215X215.jpg

Polaroid 42" 1080p Full HD LCD TV w/ Digital Tuner. any input???

i wanted one as big as steve's PC monitor...... :mrgreen: :roll:

Get one with an ATSC tuner so you can grab HD channels off of low tier cable or off rabbit ears if you are in the city. It's perfectly legal too.

On the other hand, forget the TV, buy a plasma cutter.

mandys getting a bunch back....and we are going to buy a new roof.......not very exciting huh.....

Just an FYI...I read somewhere recently that Polaroid doesn't offer parts to repair their flat screen TVs.

Some electronics repair guy wrote that in a review on the product on some site I was looking at...maybe Wal-Mart's.

Take it for what it's worth. :roll:

I hear Samsung makes a decent flat screen.

Rat Rod said:

True. I'm an eletist jerk and Samsung is one of my favorite brands. I have a five year old Samsung 57 inch HDTV, one of the first 1080i setups and it is still working great (projection) and looked / looks good compared to other brands.

Something about the import/export laws allow Korea to keep their costs lower, so a lower priced Samsung is many times a superior product to Japanese, more pricey electronics. I have a Samsung (reads M UNG) phone that I beat to death on a daily basis and has held up and performs great.

Rat Rod said:
Just an FYI...I read somewhere recently that Polaroid doesn't offer parts to repair their flat screen TVs.

Some electronics repair guy wrote that in a review on the product on some site I was looking at...maybe Wal-Mart's.

Take it for what it's worth. :roll:

hey this is why i asked. i have a 50 something dlp hdtv Projector. so this is all new to me.

so i looked at wally world and found like 8 out of 77 that had issues with it. most where from black friday.
parts thing was like a 4 to 6 week wait. :x
but if it was like that then good ol wally's will be upgrading me for same price.

so thanks for all input. was wanting to hear what you guys have and how you like them. what issues if any.

Back