It's Coming In August! A happy ending!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've just found out that the people that run the Collingswood Cruise Night have returned spinman's registration, telling him basically that the event is a car event and that they have no interest in expanding it at this time. I would like to humbly apologize to anyone planning to come to this event tonight. I had never had any problem in the past registering in the past, and assumed that there would be no problem this month as well. Sadly I was wrong. I will be going myself, unregistered, to apologize personally to anyone that does not get this message.
Hopefully in the future the township may reconsider their position.

Re: It's Coming In August! Jersey/Philly

My ratted lowrider should be rollin' and ready for this one.

Thursdays aren't the best night of the week but I do want to hit the famous Collingswood cruise night someday soon.

Cool! I am going to talk to the township about adding a special "bicycle" trophy, but rest assured. Even if I have to make a trophy myself, Somebody will win one. 8)

I will be there with my 1939 Columbia Custom Deluxe. I am planning a similar event at the Jersey Shore On Sunday, August 29 at Spring Lake. I have a facebook page dedicated to Vintage Bikes. Take a look and maybe you can recruit some of the members. Facebook - Jersey Cruisers

I'm gonna bring a bike or two and a cooler full of spring water, and I'm still working on the trophy, just in case the regular judges pass the bikes by. 8)

Hey, don't forget to register your bikes if you intend to win a neat-o trophy!

You can pre-register thru the mail by sending $5 with your form OR do it the night of the show (around 6 pm) at the municipal bldg. down the street.

I'm bringing the Higgy (non-registered) and also another bike (my secret weapon :mrgreen: ) which is registered for the contest.

here's the registration form:

http://www.collingswood.com/files/126/2 ... on2010.pdf

Spin

Got this email from the promoters:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a reminder: Our next Cruise Night in Collingswood is scheduled for Thursday, July 19, 2009.

Registration opens at 5 pm.

If you have participated this year, we have your registration ready for you – no need to fill out a new form. Stop by the registration table in the Collingswood Community Center pay your fee and pick up your dash placard – its ready to go and waiting for you!

This month’s Cruise Night will be running along Haddon Avenuefrom Collings Avenue toward Cuthbert Blvd.

Music will be provided by the No Relation Band (http://www.norelationband.com) at the Zane School.

Many of the restaurants on the Avenue have special promotions just for Cruise Night.

The Tortilla Press (701 Haddon Avenue) is in the middle of their “No Peeking” promotion….every time you dine at Tortilla Press you get a No Peeking card and when you return to dine there (maybe next Cruise Night?) your server scratches the card off and you get a prize – every single time!

The Pop Shop (729 Haddon Avenue) has a few Cruise Night Specials….

Biker Burger Platter: Half pound Angus burger with your choice of cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato with Pop Fries and Triple Thick Shake for $12.99

Hot Rod Hot Dog: A footlong all-beef dog with grilled onions and Cheese Whiz plus Pop Fries and a fountain soda, iced tea or lemonade for $5.99

and it’s Thirsty Thursday -- all milkshakes and ice cream sodas are $1.00 off

And the new kid on the block, West Side Gravy (714 Haddon Avenue) will also be having some Cruise Night specials.

Please visit our businesses and restaurants while you’re in town.

Thanks.
Terry

Thanks for posting the registration form, Spin. I can't wait to see your "secret weapon" :D

That should be AUGUST 19th,....as in this thursday, from 6~9pm.

My mongoose lowrider rat is 95% done. I still need to cover the seat, pin the sissy bar, put a chain on it, and do a little detailling, but it should be rideable for thursday.

feuerdog said:
That should be AUGUST 19th,....as in this thursday, from 6~9pm.
Whoops! :oops: It is August 19th- This Thursday to be exact!
2 notes- in addition to the event trophy given by Collingswood I thought I'd have a mini event here. I'll post pics of the bikes that show up and let the forum vote on the winner.
trophy.jpg

Most votes in a week gets this lovely trophy.
Also note that it's rain or shine...hope for shine! 8)

spinman said:
That trophy's gonna look real good on my shelf! 8)
We'll see...I know I'm probably out of the running but there's been rumors and allegations of another bike or two being built... :shock:

My little rat looks like crap,....which was actually a design goal, .....but it won't be fully finished either so it probably won't win any trophies.

I took it out last night for a test coast(no chain), and its not easy to ride, but I think it looks cool. :D

It's looming on the horizon! 1 day away! I know one friend of mine is building wheels for his project even as we speak! Hope to see you there. 8)

Well, it's tomorrow! It looks like the weather will cooperate, knock wood!
I just got a note from Skiptooth saying that he tried to pre-register and was turned down. He was told it was for cars and motorcycles only. Mind you he was talking to someone other than the usual people responsible for running the event. I personally have never had any problem signing up on the day of the event myself, and have participated in 2 of the 3 held already, as has Spinman. As far as I know it is still a go. There is no official bicycle category, but in the past they just put us in with the motorcycles.
trophy.jpg

Anyhoo, the event is free, and you only need to register if you want to win a trophy from the town. I will still be giving away this lovely trophy to the winner decided here by you all after the event. That one can be won by anyone that shows up on a bike, regardless of whether or not you officially register. It's just my way of encouraging my fellow ratrodbikers to join in the fun. Come on down! 8)

Re: It's Coming In August! CANCELED!

I've just found out that the people that run the Collingswood Cruise Night have returned spinman's registration, telling him basically that the event is a car event and that they have no interest in expanding it at this time. I would like to humbly apologize to anyone planning to come to this event tonight. I had never had any problem in the past registering in the past, and assumed that there would be no problem this month as well. Sadly I was wrong. I will be going myself, unregistered, to apologize personally to anyone that does not get this message.
Hopefully in the future the township may reconsider their position.

Back