it's chrome and thats all i know

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi, well not sure what this is hope you can help me figure it out
IMG_0007_zps543a4f56.jpg

IMG_0005_zps2609c58a.jpg

IMG_0006_zps39888998.jpg

IMG_0002_zps4009190c.jpg

IMG_0008_zps014a754d.jpg

not sure if the rear rim came with it but the hub is marked: Perry 36-12 England. the left drop out has: 64X10 58549 . and has a pletscher kickstand and wald pedals there are no other markings on the frame it was given to me by an old man that saw it at a scrap yard and was found between a Hawthorn (1961 stermy archer hub) and a skip tooth B&H of witch I also have

Thanks for the help!
Jats

Maybe a Sears spaceliner, made by Murray for sure, 60's. Let's see the other 2 bikes!

cool so sears space liner made by Murry thank you

as per request my Hawthorn
IMG_0009_zps7aa7efc3.jpg

IMG_0010_zpsc4b514a3.jpg

IMG_0011_zps5bc9dc88.jpg

some one cut the front fender in half for the brake but I have one that is 98% accurate. restored what is its value? as is? and did I get the year right? the front headbadge is stamped and not a sticker. is it brass or steel currently it is covered by white paint and i want to restore it factory.

B&H flyer
IMG_0015_zps1afc08e0.jpg

IMG_0016_zps87a86430.jpg

IMG_0017_zps8cf41d7e.jpg

the chain is stiff but not frozen and am going to give it a week in my 30 weight oil bath. What year is it? the rear hub (new departure single speed) turns fine as dose the front end, both have oil ports) was planning on a rebuild with paint.. as before what is a value on it. you can PM if you like.

oh on the Hawthorn that is one buff head light bracket was it for something else?

2 others that I am working on
IMG_0013_zps9505e571.jpg

1952 Schwinn Wasp serial number C000992. this is a restore for someone.

IMG_0018_zpsb5b41cc7.jpg

IMG_0019_zpsa5ab055f.jpg

IMG_0021_zps3016baef.jpg

IMG_0022_zps707d6587.jpg

Im sure the wasp nest is not factory! what is this? other then the sturmey archer 3 speed hub there are no other markers. any help would be great!!!!!!!

Troy/ J.A.T.S.

P.S. got some others will post them soon

Very cool score!

wow on the hawthorn beats the heck out of the 1960-1980 bikes that i usuallly restore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so the hawthorn serial number was found after sanding through the paint and I believe the bike was red since that was the bottom color. the number is A06239. hopefully this will help with the year.

The B&H was a bike possibly made by black manufacturing under the name of tribune. this company may also have made Murry for a while and on another site they mentioned Murphy bikes (?) but may have been a miss print. B&H was a sporting goods store that started in Sacramento CA. and moved to San Fransisco in or around 1867 since that is the date of the San Fransisco building, the company was started in 1849(?) to supply minors in the Sacramento area. B&H merged with Pacific hardware and steel in 1918 so this might be a possible source for the frame also. The head badge says Baker and Hamilton in small lettering across the bottom and San Fransisco as the location there is also a serial number on the bottom of the hanger, 35EH and the bike may have been black to begin with (black was the bottom color) the rear hub has the skip tooth gear on it and still works so it might be the original. it is a new departure hub.

Hopefully this helps with what year these 2 bikes are. any idea on the trike?

The trike is made by Columbia and looks original except for the seat of course from the 70's & 80's, I wanted one like my brother had one time but his was more custom instead of original.

The Spaceliner was probably badged as a Western Flyer, because of the X in the serial. Could even be a 64, they were introduced a year earlier, and of course, produced by Murray. The blue Hawthorne looks to have a 50s Rollfast chainring, with styleized R's in it. Speaking of Rollfast, their parent company, D.P. Harris, was responsible for the B&H. It was made by Harris' partner's factory, H.P Snyder. Their bikes from around 1940-56ish, have the year stamped in reverse on the BB. So, that bike is a 53. There's no official Snyder documentation to totally prove it, but it seems to be accurate as far as anyone can tell. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
The Spaceliner was probably badged as a Western Flyer, because of the X in the serial. Could even be a 64, they were introduced a year earlier, and of course, produced by Murray. The blue Hawthorne looks to have a 50s Rollfast chainring, with styleized R's in it. Speaking of Rollfast, their parent company, D.P. Harris, was responsible for the B&H. It was made by Harris' partner's factory, H.P Snyder. Their bikes from around 1940-56ish, have the year stamped in reverse on the BB. So, that bike is a 53. There's no official Snyder documentation to totally prove it, but it seems to be accurate as far as anyone can tell. -Adam
wow cool! the only info i could find was as listed. would you know when B&H closed shop? looked at one Catalog online that showed that they sold Savage bicycles 2. but the catalog was early 1900's

Back