It only took me 5 years....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize that this is not a very good bike, as it's missing its headbadge, fenders, and chain guard. Everything that is important to id'ing a bike. however, With as quick as everyone was able to id my Hercules, I thought I would throw this one out there to see if I could get lucky a second time. The bike has been in a hedge row since I found it, probably longer. The gentleman was ready to sell it when I first approached him five years ago. However, his wife wanted to keep it for a while longer. So I waited for 3 years and asked again. Still no go. This time I only waited for two years before asking again. She now has dementia, and was no longer interested in the bike, so I gave the man double the asking price just to say thanks. He said it belonged to his kids who must be in their fifty's or sixty's by now. I don't think the fork is original, as it is green where the bike is black and white. But it and that neat chainring are pretty cool. The only damage I can see to the frame itself is just below the rear fender stay. All the bearings are loose, and the chrome looks pretty good considering all the years outside. I think I will build this one into another daily rider. This also makes bike number 64 currently residing at my house! I look forward to any ideas anyone might have. Thanks guys!
IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Well guys, Thanks for trying. I realize you didn't have much to go on and for that I appologize. I had not known that It was missing its headbadge. All I could see was the tail end from the alley. I will probably just build it as a regular until I find something else. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back