Is this worth $150?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the chance to get this. It's a 1962 AMF w/ a tank. Thoughts? Looks like a sweet bike to me. Probably gonna lay the cash down soon, but want my RR friends opinions first. Advice/thoughts welcome...

benn012.jpg

Considering the type of bike you can get brand new now days (thinking Walmart) I'd say it's worth 150. I'd buy it.

Is it worth 150 to you though? ;)

I would pay that for it. That or $200 would be the limit though. I am not an expert on pricing though, so YMMV.

Yeah, probably. I'll probably paint it and make it mine. The guy said he paid that much for it though, so he won't drop the price. I am just a sucker for old tank bikes. I didn't know if this model was even that desireable.

And the seat stem is the AMF style which is actually a bolt on the top of the stem with a wedge bolt inside the seat like your handlebar stem bolt. Just incase you were wondering how the heck to get that off....

Don't know about the price, but it looks neat to me. Paint it if you must but that looks like a nice original finish as is. Buy it and ride it.

$150 is a good deal for that bike most middle weights to me are worth $150 at the most. With the noteable exception of schwinn middle weights & a few others. But that bike is different & the star sprocket alone is worth $50.00 to a lot of people ..Hopefully you have bought it already :D Good luck

Offer 125 for it..if he takes it cool if not pay the other 25..and ride it home... :)

I'd go 150 for it! 8) It's got a lot of good parts on it. Personally, I'd clean it up & ride it! :mrgreen:

cool seat, very cool tank! the clincher is that it still has the headlite lenses!! most of those era bikes dont have them or there broke or bleached by the sun. no harm in painting this one eather. $150.....i'd buy it.
also, get a close up of the tank please!
ps. peaked fenders and cool struts.....nuff said!

Diamond Dogg said:
...I'll probably paint it and make it mine....

Is the red paint original? If so, then proceed slowly with that repaint idea. :)

Back