Is this a fair price?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IS 100$ a fair price for this bicycle? it is a Murray Jet Fire, not sure of the year, but it looks pretty solid. Thanks in advance -Joe
3k33mf3pa5V15Z45X4b4g738c90dc31eb1832.jpg

3n33kb3l65P65X35S6b4g7c4bdd9996421290.jpg

It all depends where you live. In the midwest that might be high, while on the westcoast that price seems fair. Make sure the tires are good and the wheels run straight.

From the pics, looks in good shape. Seat is probably wrong.

Looks nice but being a ladies bike they are not as valuable as a boys bike of the same model and vintage. If you like it $100 is a fair price, it's not screaming deal and it's not a rip off, it's just a "fair" deal.

outskirtscustoms said:
Looks nice but being a ladies bike they are not as valuable as a boys bike of the same model and vintage. If you like it $100 is a fair price, it's not screaming deal and it's not a rip off, it's just a "fair" deal.
I would want $100 if I was selling it , that's fair

I'm from the midwest & the price seems fair to me. Looks like it is in really good shape! If you are buying it to keep, it's a good deal, if you are buying it to resell, you probably would have trouble gettin more than you paid for it, unless you find someone who is looking for that specific bike. 8)

Awesome, thanks guys. I just picked it up. Ended up costing me 80$, here are some pics. The tank is off because the lense is cracked so I am on the hunt for a new one.
P1070241.jpg

P1070242.jpg

P1070243.jpg

P1070245.jpg

dogdart said:
outskirtscustoms said:
I would want $100 if I was selling it , that's fair
I would want $125 if I was selling it, but I'd give $50 if I was buying it... :lol: I'm cheap like that.... :mrgreen:

Great buy ! and as for the light lens i often have taken old saftey glasses and cut those to fit , works well !

Fireproof said:
sdJOE86 said:
. . . I just picked it up. Ended up costing me $80 . . .
You now have a cool, classic American bike for not much more than you would have spent at WallyMart for a Cranbrook! :wink:
Tune that baby up and enjoy your summer! :)

And it will far outlast the Wallymart cruiser too!

outskirtscustoms said:
Fireproof said:
sdJOE86 said:
. . . I just picked it up. Ended up costing me $80 . . .
You now have a cool, classic American bike for not much more than you would have spent at WallyMart for a Cranbrook! :wink:
Tune that baby up and enjoy your summer! :)

And it will far outlast the Wallymart cruiser too!

+1 & will appreciate in value instead of decrease! 8)

Back