Is there a support group meeting?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
How do you get through your first chip? The Judge 5 got its first chip today. My son was riding with his sister then they put their bikes away and hers hit his and there is a chip on the down tube.

I kicked my son out of the house. I wish him well. o_O

I know the feeling all to well. I dread the first scratch. I now believe in restoration as only a last resort for bikes that are just to far gone to be left as is. If I just do a careful, thorough cleaning and enjoy them as they are the voices in my head remain quiet.

Your son will be fine on his own outdoors. The weather has been nice. He'll learn to forage for food.

The question isn’t the scratches and blemishes that our rides have to endure in their term of use; the question is if we build our rides and imprison them as Trailer Queens and never ride them at all. Riders get scratches with the numerous benefits being their intended purpose of riding enjoyment.

IMHO a bicycle isn’t worth a Hill of Beans if all I do is look at it.

Did he get to take the bike with him when he moved out? :)

Get out the touch up and cover it up, you'll forget about it...eventually!

Powder coat 'em. I coat most of the muscle cruisers I let the kids ride regularly-but I did cut a decent deal with my local powdercoater. There's all kinds of debate about powder coating in the "is the restoration correct?" sense, but in all honesty I laugh boldly at those folks.... I build every bike hoping one of my 3 boys will ride it, knowing the powder can take the abuse. If you build them to stare at the kiddies will just start playing video games! Besides, you know Momma will just let him back in....when he calls her and tells her what you did...then you're in trouble and you can't buy more bikes...etc.etc.:)

It is tough to find a good coater that will do custom work without all the hassle for sure.

Wait, you chipped the paint on this? o_O
mGrf6f.jpg

So what?:crazy:

You painted that, do you have any paint left ? with your skills, should not be too hard to blend in and rub out a spot.

Back